Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Egglettes

Tell us what you like. In the recipe sub forum post your recipe. Please no comments on recipes. Only likes please. The main cooking forum is for general chat about food and cooking.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Egglettes

Post by JEBar » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:20 am

ever see an infomercial that really interest you .... until earlier today the last time I did was when I bought a Ronco Food Dehydrator .... we still have it and still use it .... this morning I watched one for Egglettes .... https://www.getegglettes.com/default.aspx .... which advertise they allow you to boil an egg without a shell .... I couldn't resist and placed an order .... if it works, great ... if not, I've spent a good deal more on wonderful gadgets that didn't turn out to be so wonderful
2 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Re: Egglettes

Post by Mistered » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:05 pm

I saw this also and am interested. In theory it should work fine - providing the egg pops out as the ad shows - this is something I need to hear or see happen other than on the ad.
1 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:04 pm

Interesting. But I saw an article recently that recommended using a steamer instead of putting the eggs in the water. Works great, 13 minutes in the steamer and then put them in ice water and they peel very easily.
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:08 pm

Mistered wrote:I saw this also and am interested. In theory it should work fine - providing the egg pops out as the ad shows - this is something I need to hear or see happen other than on the ad.
well understood .... we are leaving home late next week in our camper to spend the winter in Texas .... if the Egglettes get here before we leave we will take them with us .... it shouldn't take long to know if they live up to the hype
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:12 pm

dave77 wrote:Interesting. But I saw an article recently that recommended using a steamer instead of putting the eggs in the water. Works great, 13 minutes in the steamer and then put them in ice water and they peel very easily.
we have a friend who uses that method .... he says that the process takes a while to master .... he says that size and number of the eggs and several factors can influence how long it takes .... he also says for the most part they do peel better than boiled eggs but that isn't universally the case
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:23 pm

For Christmas last year, I got a device that automatically steams six eggs (in their shells) to varying degrees of hardness depending on how much water is used. Hard boiled eggs peel easily and are perfectly cooked. Soft boiled eggs, the same.

0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:56 pm

very interesting .... looked it up on Amazon and found it to be reasonably priced with very high customer reviews .... for what we do, my wife likes the model that can do up to a dozen eggs at one time .. https://www.amazon.com/Dash-DEC012BK-De ... ooker&th=1
0 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:43 pm

I just use the steamer that came with my pot and pan set, it will hold a dozen eggs. Just get the water boiling good in the pot, put the steamer and lid on it, 13 minutes later transfer eggs to the pot, add cold water and ice cubes. Don't even need to wash the steamer and pot every time.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:18 pm

I never make that kind of face while cracking boiled eggs. :o
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by ditto1958 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:31 pm

How to make perfect hard boiled eggs:

Carefully place eggs in bottom of a saucepan. Fill pan with cold water until it covers the eggs by at least an inch. Heat pan uncovered until water comes to a rolling boil. Cover pan, remove from heat and set a timer. Do not open take the cover off until they are done! 23 minutes for hardcooked eggs, yolks pale yellow all the way through. 20 minutes if you like your yolks to be orange the middle.

When timer goes off, drain pan, and immediately plunge eggs into a bowl of ice water until cold. This is mandatory. When eggs are cool, they will peel easily, and yolks will not be green on the outside.

Follow these directions to the letter, and this method is easy and foolproof.

So:

1. Cover with water to an inch or more over the top of the eggs

2. Bring to full rolling boil uncovered

3. Cover and remove from heat. Do NOT touch that cover!

4. Do not over cook. When time is up, immediately plunge eggs into ice water, and leave them there until cold
0 x