Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Instant Pot

Tell us what you like. In the recipe sub forum post your recipe. Please no comments on recipes. Only likes please. The main cooking forum is for general chat about food and cooking.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Instant Pot

Post by JEBar » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:39 pm

revisiting this discussion .... for those who use an Insta Pot, what features do you use the most .. :?: .. what (if any) do you seldom use .. :?:
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:30 pm

We mostly use ours for the way you can cook beans. They come out great in about 45 or 50 min when before it was an all day deal. We havent cooked much meat in ours for a while. I like the meat cooked outside on the wood pellet smoker.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:56 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:30 pm
We mostly use ours for the way you can cook beans. They come out great in about 45 or 50 min when before it was an all day deal. We havent cooked much meat in ours for a while. I like the meat cooked outside on the wood pellet smoker.

I can see the decrease in cooking time for things like beans or collards to be a significant plus .... understood on cooking meat .... while we do prepare some in a crock pot or roaster, I too prefer grilling
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:04 pm

Most commonly, rice, beans and whole meats that will get shredded. The shredded meats then get used mostly in tacos, enchiladas, etc. or other dishes where shredded meat is an ingredient. Anything we've used a crock pot for has come out better cooked in the instapot. We got rid of the crock pot.

Whole meats that are to be eaten whole usually get cooked on the BBQ or for Roasts in the oven.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:38 pm

Mags wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:04 pm
Anything we've used a crock pot for has come out better cooked in the instapot. We got rid of the crock pot.
to me that's an important point ....
0 x

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:15 pm

We have the model that's linked. My wife uses the pressure cooker and slow cooker functions the most.
Jake
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:58 pm

my guess is we'll get one down the line .... such purchases fall under the department headed by my CFO (Chief Female Officer) ... ;)
0 x

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:46 pm

JEBar wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:39 pm
revisiting this discussion .... for those who use an Insta Pot, what features do you use the most .. :?: .. what (if any) do you seldom use .. :?:
Have had one for about four months. Used it five or six times in the first couple of weeks. First thing I used it for was baby back ribs. They were excellent, I followed the recipe for them. Fall off the bone tender in about 45 minutes from prep to plate. Delicious but did not have that slow cooked smoker slightly crisp skin bite. Honestly I don’t recall specifically any detail of other meals that I used it for. They were all cooked faster than usual but not really stand out better.
Maybe I need to break out the recipe books to see if there is something I want to try with it.
0 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:47 pm

I find that oddly funny. They are pretty inexpensive compared to some of the other things you've shared buying. :lol:
JEBar wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:58 pm
my guess is we'll get one down the line .... such purchases fall under the department headed by my CFO (Chief Female Officer) ... ;)
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:27 pm

Mags wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:47 pm
I find that oddly funny. They are pretty inexpensive compared to some of the other things you've shared buying. :lol:
yep, over the years I've purchased some gizmos that proved to be worth little or worthless .... some proved to be expensive lessons, some less expensive lessons .... :D
0 x