Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Cleaning a bp inline, new method for me!

A place for your black powder fun
PJM
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Cleaning a bp inline, new method for me!

Post by PJM » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:37 am

For years always used hot soap and water to clean all bp guns. Still do on sidelocks. Tried something different on my Accura last time out. Always used to remove the front fiber optic sight when i used hot water. Tried my solution of windex and alcohol sprayed down the barrel followed up with a few strokes of a brush followed up with a few strokes of a brush with Hoppes black powder cleaner, then patches and amazed at results. I was shooting 777 pellets and had a serious crud ring on the breech plug face. Sprayed the face and threads and the ring wipes right off. This is now my inline method. Windex and alcohol are inexpensive and effective. When done I lightly swab the barrel with oil. This is a much quicker process.
2 x

Team Roper
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Cleaning a bp inline, new method for me!

Post by Team Roper » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:10 am

I use Alcohol and Windex 50/50 also, works good on my inline. I've also used Ballistol/water mix ,and that is great also. I to have Hoppe's Black Powder cleaner but usually grab one of the other first and only. Then a light coating of Barricade for storage.
0 x
Army Paratrooper
173 rd Airborne Brigade, 2nd/503 rd. Airborne Infantry, Vietnam 66-67, point man, tunnel rat
combat jump 2/67
82 nd Airborne Div. 1st/505th Airborne Infantry, Vietnam, 68, Sniper
jumped with the Army Parachute Team, The Golden Knights.