Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

"Redesigning" my BP range box

A place for your black powder fun
dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: "Redesigning" my BP range box

Post by dave77 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:03 pm

OK, a little bit of plastic. There's also a baggie that I used to keep some moistened cleaning patches in.
0 x

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:06 pm

Dave 77 nice work on the box . It"s good to see that you stick with the product of trees. Gunny Gene, Nice spalted lid on your box. I made some jewelry / music boxes like that for some of the special ladies in my life a few years back.
0 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:30 am

Travlin wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:06 pm
Dave 77 nice work on the box . It"s good to see that you stick with the product of trees. Gunny Gene, Nice spalted lid on your box. I made some jewelry / music boxes like that for some of the special ladies in my life a few years back.
I can't take credit for building the box, there was a local guy making them. My carpentry skills are pretty basic, I can build a deck, some steps and other simple stuff. I don't have the skills or the tools to build anything like that box.
1 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:24 am

Travlin wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:06 pm
I got lucky a few years ago cutting up a downed soft maple in my woods that mother nature was working on. It was right at that perfect stage. Another week or 3 and it would have gone to rot. Got about 150 bf of spalted out of it that I used for several projects. This lid was about the last of it. :)
1 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.