Plains ML Pistol Competition

A place for your black powder fun
BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Plains ML Pistol Competition

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:10 pm

PT
Id be at those steel swingers hangin up. Without a doubt the swingers are more fun for me than punching paper.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:53 pm

Clangs are definitely more fun, Al...don't need any optics to know if on target! It will be the white steel I'll go after as often as I can shoot there next year. How goes any ML shooting for you? Get out lately?

BTW, the judge said the results for the Nov competition shoot will be posted this weekend....folk are already sending in some Dec targets.

PT7

BigAl52 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:10 pm
PT
Id be at those steel swingers hangin up. Without a doubt the swingers are more fun for me than punching paper.
0 x

~Пока~

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:00 pm

Pt I got out about the second week in Nov and shot my 54 Cal Bergmann Hawken or the first time and had a blast. I think there is some pics in a range report thread.
http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7840
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:02 pm

I missed it, Al. And the reason was kinda dumb. I was more watchin' the Black Powder sub-forum for your shooting. Guess I need to pay closer attention. And your results for first-time shooting of that rifle are really great. Sure glad you had a good outing.

Which brings me to the results of my first-time shooting this Plains pistol in the November competition. I had said earlier I would report back no matter if it would be :oops: . Okay, there always has to be somebody at the bottom of the totem pole, right? Yup, that's what I did. Looking at it positively, I saved the other shooters from having to be at the bottom of the scorecard, and I have nowhere to go but up! :lol:

No big deal on the outcome because it was fun taking part.
PT7
BigAl52 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:00 pm
Pt I got out about the second week in Nov and shot my 54 Cal Bergmann Hawken or the first time and had a blast. I think there is some pics in a range report thread.
http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7840
1 x

~Пока~

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:52 pm

I was wondering when we'd hear the results.
PT7 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:53 pm
....BTW, the judge said the results for the Nov competition shoot will be posted this weekend....

PT7
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:22 am

No more wondering. In retrospect, I just might have done a little better shooting with my Trapper pistol and not the Plains. I’ve put 90+ RBs down range with the Trapper and have become comfortable shooting it. And of course I do have some expertise in “barrel wobble” when shooting off hand. That helped me end up at the bottom of the totem pole. ;)

Just for your viewing fun. A couple of the members who competed in November posted their target results; most did not. It happens that the winner posted his target result before the judging. 5/5 in one shredded hole. The judge calculated 4-⅜” total from dead-on bull. The other competitors were impressed with his win.

Winning Target
Nov win.jpg
Nov win.jpg (13.73 KiB) Viewed 2899 times

The winner didn't note if he shot a rifle or a pistol. Most MLF members shoot rifles from what I’ve read so far. Honestly, I don’t know if there is any advantage (or disadvantage) of a rifle/pistol choice in accuracy shooting. I’ve seen several shooters here on Henry Forum who excellently shoot both firearm types.

That’s the full tale of my first-time, fun competition shoot! :D Thanks for going along to the range with me.
PT7
2 x

~Пока~

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:29 pm

remarkable group shooting round balls
0 x