Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Replacement Trapper BP .50 cal pistol in hand.

A place for your black powder fun
mlrifleNY
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Replacement Trapper BP .50 cal pistol in hand.

Post by mlrifleNY » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:21 am

Looks like your on the right track. Always good to start with someone that has experience with black powder shooting. If you lived closer I would be glad to help you out also. Not sure what makes you an expert, but I have made many long rifles and a few pistols. Been at it for almost 50 years.

Jim
1 x
Henry BBB 44mag
Henry 1860
Henry 45/70 Brass

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Replacement Trapper BP .50 cal pistol in hand.

Post by PT7 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:45 am

Thanks. I want to be careful and learn how to safely handle this type of pistol. The simplicity is really a strong draw for me.

I had lunch with a good friend this week, who is a life-long avid hunter. When I told him about my new pistol, he sure caught me by surprise. He has BP firearms and has harvested deer using them. So we talked muzzle loaders during most of our lunch time. Nice to have someone I know, and being so close by, who is willing to help me out whenever needed.
Cool 8-)

BTW, thanks for you help offer, Jim. Yeah, distance determines; but the Henry Forum keeps everybody close by. ;)
Have a great weekend.

Bob

mlrifleNY wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:21 am
Looks like your on the right track. Always good to start with someone that has experience with black powder shooting. If you lived closer I would be glad to help you out also. Not sure what makes you an expert, but I have made many long rifles and a few pistols. Been at it for almost 50 years.

Jim
0 x

~Пока~