Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Great Gun Derringer in the US

A place for your black powder fun

Would any US citizens here want the Czech Great Gun .54 caliber percussion derringer imported?

Yes
33%
No
42%
Maybe
25%

Total votes: 12

SingleAction357
Cowhand
United States of America

Great Gun Derringer in the US

Post by SingleAction357 » Thu May 03, 2018 1:51 pm

.54 caliber derringer available in barrel lengths from 3.5" to 6" and everywhere in between.

http://www.greatgun.eu/

These are not available in the US and I wish they were. If the poll shows a good amount of interest on here I will send it to companies who could import these guns. I really hope to be able to purchase one in the United States. There's many available calibers but .54 is most interesting because if it were a cartridge gun something that size is a destructive device but in these BP guns is totally unregulated.
0 x

SingleAction357
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Great Gun Derringer in the US

Post by SingleAction357 » Thu May 03, 2018 1:55 pm

They also manufacture accompanying rifles on the same action in the same calibers as the derringers. I think a double rifle howdah pistol combo would be great with these.
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Thu May 03, 2018 10:36 pm

Can't say I care one way or the other but I wonder why two definite NO votes?
0 x

SingleAction357
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by SingleAction357 » Fri May 04, 2018 12:53 am

Mistered wrote:Can't say I care one way or the other but I wonder why two definite NO votes?
Guess they're afraid of hurting their hand lol.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri May 04, 2018 1:00 am

Nice to look at and interesting to read about, but I have no interest in owning one.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun May 06, 2018 2:08 pm

Mistered wrote:Can't say I care one way or the other but I wonder why two definite NO votes?
can't say I'm surprised .... Derringers are a niche market .... black powder Derringers would have to be an even smaller market .... I own but no longer fire black powder firearms .... while its always possible, I don't think that's gonna change .... I no longer have any interest in black powder whatsoever
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sun May 06, 2018 2:21 pm

I still like to go out and shoot mine - always enjoyed it.
1 x

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:34 am

I don't shoot CF or RF handguns any longer (Arthritis and old accident issues.) but I voted yes.

Disclaimer: I Never shot a BP firearm. I could see a smaller easier (LESS RECOIL) BP caliber to shoot IF I was still into shooting a lot as I did in the Past even though I shot some LARGER handgun calibers from the late 90's and on.

Another Disclaimer: I Never reloaded for any of my FORMER CF handguns or CF rifles. I have helped my MT husband and some close friends with their regular reloading supplies. As in finding and looking for products around here before, during and after the fake/real !!! 'shortages'.

I would like my husband to get a black powder rifle and/or handgun.

I figure if he has reloaded for over 40 years - he could do this and he might enjoy it (BP) all over again.

He has shot BP firearms in the past. I did not know him when he shot them. He does not own any BP firearms now.

I like the LOOKS of really OLD FASHIONED derringers too. Much older looking ones that this original post picture. I think that this might be a cool firearm for some people to own or shoot even if they don't shoot a lot or often.

I told my husband that a BP firearm would be a good and smart thing to own even though guns, factory ammunition and reloading supplies are available now.

I think that BP would be a good thing for a younger person to get into shooting too. Before it is a lost art in some circles even though there are STILL some BP shooting events and BP groups around the country.

Old Lady Cate
1 x

Bugs
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Bugs » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:04 am

The Czechs build good guns. CZ is a good example. What's the pricing?
0 x

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:07 am

I voted no because I have no interest in having one. That's what I understood by the title but perhaps I misinterpreted the question. I would not object to them being imported.
0 x