Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

T/C hawken 50 Cal.

A place for your black powder fun
bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

T/C hawken 50 Cal.

Post by bandit1250 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:58 am

I bought this T/C Hawken 50 cal. cap lock in the late '70's. Killed some nice bucks with it in Md. and also some antlerless deer. We had a good gang to hunt deer with and did a lot of deer driving back then and it was fun and always got some deer. Now no one wants to go and it is not as much fun now with the inline rifles. I believe they should have stayed with the more traditional guns. I hunted with this rifle for about 10 years and the stock split at the tang. I sent it back to T/C and they had a life time warranty and replaced it with a beautiful stock. The one I sent back looked like a pine board. These pictures don't show how really nice the wood actually looks.
7 x

tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: T/C hawken 50 Cal.

Post by tx gunrunner » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:24 am

I love your rifle and TC make a super gun .
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:58 am

That stock is beautiful.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:06 am

That is a great stock! And a pretty happy/sad story, too. Thanks.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:04 am

Beautiful rifle!

I like your signs too.

Cate
PS: One of the salesmen, one of two sons of a gun store owner, where I used to buy most of my guns in my former state used to shoot BP guns. He won many awards and was well known in that area. He was in one if not more (?) NRA magazines and his famous TC Hawken BP rifle was in a glass case on the wall of that gun store. This was in another county and miles away from where I lived in the boonies back east. I believe that my favorite former salesman still shoots BP guns a lot but I have not had contact with him since I moved. He came from a nice family, his wife was very nice and his Dad knew my late husband from an AIR NG base up there not from my late husband's USN - Nam and around the world days.

Typos and added more!
0 x

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:00 am

i have had a T.C. .50 Hawken for many years. Unfortunately it has not been shot in quite a while. The stock fits me better than any other long arm I ever shouldered. In the late seventies I got a great deal on a set of Lyman sights for it=rear peep and front with several inserts. They are wonderful rifles with very sensitive set triggers. Thanks so much for posting the photo to remind me to take it out and shoot it.I have no excuses as I have both round balls and Maxi slugs plus lots of FFG and caps.
0 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:05 am

Nice looking front stuffer.
Got a couple, don't shoot 'em much.
1 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:59 am

if not its brother, we have one of its very close relatives in the vault .... it was purchased in the late '70's and was used extensively for something over 10 years .... we used FFF black power and round balls for hunting; as well as, for monthly shooting in a black powder club .... it hasn't been fired in way too long but I have no doubt that if/when she's given a chance, she'll still do the job
1 x

Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Squatch » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:01 am

Beautiful. We had a black powder day here recently with a couple of friends. I got to shoot one of these rifles in both percussion and one in flintlock along with some others. Great fun!
1 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.

Jaker
Tenderfoot

Post by Jaker » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:52 pm

:cry: Beatiful gun I would feel like jerimah johnson if I held it, I am disappointed In utahs new regulation to add high power scopes on muzzleoaders...I have killed a deer with t/c black diamond, or triumph currently..for ten straight years with iron sights or a 1x scope.
Guess I will join the crowd and add a new scope
0 x