Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Cleaning a SA revolver

Tell us how you do it
Travlin
Cowboy

Re: Cleaning a SA revolver

Post by Travlin » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:12 pm

One of the wonderful things about a meeting place such as this is that it tends to stimulate an exchange of information about many interesting topics. And so we all learn from it . Thank you to all who contributed.
2 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Cleaning a SA revolver

Post by Mags » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:24 pm

Finally got around to checking out what I actually do. Trigger just to the right of old school. Trigger right in the first joint. So next time out I'll practice trigger in the center of the first finger pad.
GFK wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:38 pm
North Country Gal wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:22 am
. . . where you place your finger on the trigger can affect point of impact, even windage.
Interesting that you pointed that out. I had been working on zeroing my 1894C and have been shooting a little to the right. After soon reach, I can across these graphs. Now, I am focusing more of finger placement, before I make any adjustments for windage. Due to a heavy trigger pull, I have noticed that I use more of the old-style when shooting my 1894C. So, I plan to keep shooting it, until the fire control wears in. Then, I suspect the pull will be lighter. I noticed that it is a bit lighter (about 350 rounds later) on my 336W now. My H009 seems to be oaky. It seems to have a smooth predicable pull. But, I seem to use the old-style with it also.

T-Pull.png
FingerPlacement.jpg
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234