Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Check your screws

Tell us how you do it
CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: Check your screws

Post by CT_Shooter » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:03 pm

Thanks for this graphic comparison, Mags. I mistakenly assumed that purple, being a combination of blue and red on the color wheel, would be an intermediate between the two. Now, I know.
Mags wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:33 pm
These are the Loctite differences. Avoid red, it's fairly permanent.
Green is for electronic connections.
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Check your screws

Post by BrokenolMarine » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:52 pm

I learned my lesson the hard way...
As someone once told me, "Lessons hard learned, well remembered."

I had become friends with a Royal Dutch Marine NCO during a joint NATO Training Op in the Caribbean. We stayed in touch via letters and postcards. (Al Gore hadn't invented the internet yet.). My friend sent me a package and it contained a target, entry form, znd instructions, for a postal match. I took the target to the range and the range master was happy to oversee my remote participation. I decided to shoot centerfire/revolver with my model 27. A tack driver. 3/4 of the way thru, I seemed to be loosing my touch. The range master, watching thru the spotting scope, told me to focus. I was dropping eights and nines.

I was disappointed, but mailed off the target. I discovered that the two mounting screws on the rear sight had worked loose, throwing off the sights. Once those were loctited and tightened, I was back in business, but there are no do overs in pistol matches. :lol:
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.