Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Old School Cleaning and Lube

Tell us how you do it
GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Old School Cleaning and Lube

Post by GFK » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:47 am

Seems like a great routine. Soaking the barrel with a solvent seems to aid in my process as well.
2 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:48 am

Sea foam does not stink like Hopp's #9 does.
The smell of Hoppes is an enduring scent that for many invokes the nostalgia of the outdoors.
It is the scent that reminds one of fine days afield with a shotgun or rifle and a smell that is associated with fall and and an upcoming deer season.
It is a smell that for many reminds them of a time in their youth with dad on the bench cleaning guns after a day of target shooting.
For many the smell of Hoppes will always be a reminder of the finer, more appreciable and memorable times in their lives.
Hoppes # 9 stinks ? I don't think so!
2 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:56 am

Mistered wrote:
Sea foam does not stink like Hopp's #9 does.
The smell of Hoppes is an enduring scent that for many invokes the nostalgia of the outdoors.
It is the scent that reminds one of fine days afield with a shotgun or rifle and a smell that is associated with fall and and an upcoming deer season.
It is a smell that for many reminds them of a time in their youth with dad on the bench cleaning guns after a day of target shooting.
For many the smell of Hoppes will always be a reminder of the finer, more appreciable and memorable times in their lives.
Hoppes # 9 stinks ? I don't think so!
Seems like a poem. But, I like the smell also.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).