Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

CZ 452 problem solved?

Tell us how you do it
bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

CZ 452 problem solved?

Post by bandit1250 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:26 pm

My wife and I have a dozen 452 22 LR between us. They all have been very good shooters and were easy to get the triggers safely in the 8-12 oz. range. The lonely 513 Basic actually uses the same action,bolt and magazine as the 452's but has a non-adjustable trigger that requires different machining of the action where it mounts and a very different trigger assembly. A couple of the 452's has had very erratic ejection of a fired round and required tilting the rifle over to dump the fired casing out. At times they would just barely roll the empty over the side of the action and land it right beside the stock on my sand bag. I tried cleaning the extractors and the grooves they set in and checked the ejectors for any chips or any other problems I could see. Tried different mags and nothing changed. I thought I would try lowering the rear of the mag well slightly. So instead of altering the mag well and maybe having to buy another one if I messed it up I decided to shim it down at the rear mounting screw. I added a .012 aluminum tape shim under it and put it back together and tried it out. It was 100% on ejecting every fired round. I did my Trainer the same way that had spotty ejection and it throws the empty out several feet from my bench now. I may come up with a better alternative later but for now the reliability factor looks very good. I posted this in case any members have a CZ 452-453 or 455 with less than reliable ejection. Here is where I put the shim. Between the mag well screw and the action screw hole.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: CZ 452 problem solved?

Post by North Country Gal » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:28 pm

Great tip! I have a couple of CZs with anemic ejection, so will give it a try.
1 x

Ernie
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: CZ 452 problem solved?

Post by Ernie » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:48 pm

Excellent information. Thanks for sharing.
0 x