Sight adjustment

Tell us how you do it
Flinch
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Sight adjustment

Post by Flinch » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:56 pm

Cofisher wrote:IMG_0117.JPG

This is what I have after the bead removal. It is very visible using the Skinner peep. Not for everyone, but it works well for me.
How much did it shorten the front sight? The brass bead is OK for fast shots, but I prefer a front sight like yours for accurate shooting.
0 x
Be thankful we are not getting all the government we are paying for. - Will Rogers

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:07 pm

Just the diameter of the bead. About .120"
Keep in mind I use a Low Pro peep. Mounted on the receiver.
0 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:58 pm

Went to the indoor 25 yd range today. Not pleased at all with results...sorry, no targets are worth posting. Range officer even noticed the offset on the front dovetail. As I mentioned in previous post, thought I would put several rounds through to see if I could adjust the Skinner enough to get windage right. Managed to get on center, however the Skinner adjustment was maxed out in one direction leaving no room for future adjustment.
Left the range and went to my local gun smith. He spent about 1/2 hour trying to drift the front and even he said it would not budge, and yes it was not right. Dovetail is canted and off center.
Came home and had a conversation with Tom Kotz at Henry, Racine Wiscinsin.
Bottom line is that the rifle is going back and they will probably just replace the entire barrel. Great CS, once again! Only problem now is waiting... :(
2 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:15 pm

Sorry you got the lemon Mark. Glad Henry is going to deal with it. Keep us posted.
1 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:28 pm

Thank you Cofisher, unhappy camper at the moment, however, will let those interested know how process goes. I have confidence in Henry USA. Now just have to wait for shipping label... :cry:
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:54 pm

she'll be back before you know it .... looking forward to following your progress
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:03 pm

markiver54 wrote:Went to the indoor 25 yd range today. Not pleased at all with results...sorry, no targets are worth posting. Range officer even noticed the offset on the front dovetail. As I mentioned in previous post, thought I would put several rounds through to see if I could adjust the Skinner enough to get windage right. Managed to get on center, however the Skinner adjustment was maxed out in one direction leaving no room for future adjustment.
Left the range and went to my local gun smith. He spent about 1/2 hour trying to drift the front and even he said it would not budge, and yes it was not right. Dovetail is canted and off center.
Bottom line is that the rifle is going back and they will probably just replace the entire barrel. Great CS, once again! Only problem now is waiting... :(
One never knows, even if buying a new firearm versus a pre-owned firearm. There are lemons around. I had three of them, all new, tart & sour .357s. Glad Henry CS is coming through once again for you.

But a couple of surprises for me also in your post. For the longest time Tom Kotz has been in Bayonne and now is in WI. Just didn't know of that personnel move. Good for him; WI is a GR8 ST8. Also, did you mean to write the shop location in Rice Lake, WI and not Racine? Or does Henry have a Racine facility now, too? Curious.

PT7
0 x

~Пока~

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:12 pm

Sorry to hear about your tribulations, Mark! After all the shopping and pondering and researching! I'm certain HRA will turn and burn on this one, as it's not a matter of diagnosing something, just need to swap it out and box it up!

Keep us posted, please, on the travels!
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:16 pm

ESquared wrote:Sorry to hear about your tribulations, Mark! After all the shopping and pondering and researching! I'm certain HRA will turn and burn on this one, as it's not a matter of diagnosing something, just need to swap it out and box it up!

Keep us posted, please, on the travels!
Thanks Evan, thought I might be a little too picky at first, however, I have done my part and with gun smith verification...oh well, stuff happens. ;)
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:23 pm

PT7 wrote:
markiver54 wrote:Went to the indoor 25 yd range today. Not pleased at all with results...sorry, no targets are worth posting. Range officer even noticed the offset on the front dovetail. As I mentioned in previous post, thought I would put several rounds through to see if I could adjust the Skinner enough to get windage right. Managed to get on center, however the Skinner adjustment was maxed out in one direction leaving no room for future adjustment.
One never knows, even if buying a new firearm versus a pre-owned firearm. There are lemons around. I had three of them, all new, tart & sour .357s. Glad Henry CS is coming through once again for you.

But a couple of surprises for me also in your post. For the longest time Tom Kotz has been in Bayonne and now is in WI. Just didn't know of that personnel move. Good for him; WI is a GR8 ST8. Also, did you mean to write the shop location in Rice Lake, WI and not Racine? Or does Henry have a Racine facility now, too? Curious.

PT7
Uh oh.. sorry, my bad. I meant Rice Lake... ;)
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry