Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Bore Guide/Plug for 44 mag

Tell us how you do it
Rangerhgm
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Bore Guide/Plug for 44 mag

Post by Rangerhgm » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:37 pm

What bore guide will, fit the BBS 44mag carbine?

Any bore guide recommendations?

I'm working on removing copper fouling and have cleaned the barrel 4 times over the past couple of days with Hoppes #9 and still getting green patches. I understand #9 is not the best for copper, so I'm going to try Wipe Out a copper solvent foam (sprayed in from the breech) and want to use a bore guide to plug the breech to keep the foam out of the receiver area.

I have 22's, 30-30, 30-06 several shotguns, muzzle loader and several handguns and have never seen green patches whem cleaning them.

Why am I getting the copper fouling only on my Henry???

Thanks for the help.
0 x
-------
Gregg

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Bore Guide/Plug for 44 mag

Post by JEBar » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:14 pm

when I need a plug while cleaning our Henry rifles, I roll up a paper towel and push/screw it into the chamber .... I can then run a rod down from the muzzle without getting the solvent into the working parts .... I can usually make sure it stays in place by pushing on it with finger
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:48 am

When I do this I remover the bolt and clean from the chamber forward using a copper solvent on a patch. I havent ever used any foam that is sprayed into the barrel. I would also bet that if you were to use a real copper solvent you would find green patches will come out of the other guns you have.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by tx gunrunner » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:03 pm

Stuff like 44 mag I drill the pocket primer on fired brass out the size I need .
0 x