Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Amsoil Lube and Firearm Cleaner

Tell us how you do it
Side by Side
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Amsoil Lube and Firearm Cleaner

Post by Side by Side » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:59 am

I was sent a can of Amsoil firearm Oil and lube also a can of Amsoil Firearm Cleaner from BigAl52 as one of the winners of the 'When will we hit 500 game.'
My first project was to clean my STI Perfect 10, 10MM 6" that has 1500rds without a cleaning.
I disassembled the pistol, using the firearm cleaner I lightly coated all surfaces and inside the barrel. The Amsoil cleaner has no smell, I'm used to using Kroil that will clear the room with just a few sprays. The fact I sprayed the entire pistol and didn't have to put the exhaust fan on is a plus.
I used a nylon tooth type brush and scrubbed down all exterior surfaces, the ran a jag with a patch, repeated with jag and patch until patch was clear, a total of four patches had the inside of the barrel spotless, I shoot cast bullets from this gun,Amsoil Cleaner loosened and removed lead from barrel quicker that Kroil without the smell.
I then used the Amsoil Firearm Oil, using a 3x3" patch I put a light coat oil on all parts then reassembled pistol, finally putting a few drops on slides. I gave the pistol a good wipe down and back to the range.
Weather was 14 deg with wind and snow blowing, gun function was flawless,I will be replacing my Kroil with the Amsoil lube and cleaner. I use Amsoil in my Harley Davidson motorcycle and think highly of it,I'll also be using on all my firearms. Thanks for the free Samples and for giving me the chance to test them.
5 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Amsoil Lube and Firearm Cleaner

Post by Henry88 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:41 am

Interesting, first I've heard of it. Amsoil makes good stuff, though..........
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:45 pm

Thanks for the detailed report side by side. Im glad you liked the product. Al
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:14 am

I would be interested in a sideXside with Ballistol. I don't use either one but thought when I ran out of what I have to check it out. I'm using MS1(?). I'm not good with remembering names. It does a good job of cleaning. I also use the Hoppe's "copper out" stuff whatever it's called.
0 x

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by ditto1958 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:56 am

There is an Amsoil dealer who is active at our range, and there is always Amsoil available there. I’ve used it on many occasions there, and it works well.
0 x

JCN
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by JCN » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:00 am

Interesting, I'll give it a try if i run across any.
0 x
Henry Big Boy Steel .357 mag

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by ditto1958 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:34 pm

It doesn’t smell as good as either Ballistol or Hoppe’s No. 9.

I used to use Hilco Lube. It worked well, but I can’t find it anywhere around here.
0 x

Ojaileveraction
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ojaileveraction » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:41 pm

Just finished cleaning my 357BBB after a range session last week. Shooting 158 XTreme cast lead bullets using Titegroup and HP38.
I was surprised by the leading. No chrony but they should have been below 1400 fps.
It took a bronze brush and few patches but the AMS Cleaner got all the lead out.
I'm very happy with it.
2 x
Pax at Justitia