Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

AMS Firearm Cleaner and Firearm Lubericant

Tell us how you do it
Ojaileveraction
Cowboy
United States of America

AMS Firearm Cleaner and Firearm Lubericant

Post by Ojaileveraction » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:23 am

BigAl52 sent me a bottle of AMS Oil Firearm Lubjrcat and a spray can of AMS Oil Firearm Cleaner as one of the winners of the 'When will we hit 500 game.'
I used them to clean a new to me rifle thick with Safe Queen varnish and neglect rust.

First off, little to no smell. I'm kind of used to strong smelling gun cleaning liquids, i. e. Hopps and Balistol. I may be conditioned to "strong smell must work good" kind of feeling.

I sprayed some down the barrel and a little into the action to loosen things up let it set some. Waited a little and sprayed a brass brush and ran it down the barrel back and forth. The put on a jag and ran 3 or 4 small pads down the barrel. Gave the barrel one last little sprays a after 2 pad they were dry clean and shiny.

I used the spray directly on some spotted rust ares around the lever and other fingered areas, rear sight, sling swivels. Then used brass wool and brushes. Worked well. Also used hit on some grimy spots on the wood just like I would use Balistol.

Finished off with a couple drops of lube on a pad down the barrel.
All in all these AMS Oil Fireame products worked as expected.

AND THEY ARE ODER FREE.
4 x
Pax at Justitia

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: AMS Firearm Cleaner and Firearm Lubericant

Post by BigAl52 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:13 am

Ojaileveraction wrote:BigAl52 sent me a bottle of AMS Oil Firearm Lubjrcat and a spray can of AMS Oil Firearm Cleaner as one of the winners of the 'When will we hit 500 game.'
I used them to clean a new to me rifle thick with Safe Queen varnish and neglect rust.

First off, little to no smell. I'm kind of used to strong smelling gun cleaning liquids, i. e. Hopps and Balistol. I may be conditioned to "strong smell must work good" kind of feeling.

I sprayed some down the barrel and a little into the action to loosen things up let it set some. Waited a little and sprayed a brass brush and ran it down the barrel back and forth. The put on a jag and ran 3 or 4 small pads down the barrel. Gave the barrel one last little sprays a after 2 pad they were dry clean and shiny.

I used the spray directly on some spotted rust ares around the lever and other fingered areas, rear sight, sling swivels. Then used brass wool and brushes. Worked well. Also used hit on some grimy spots on the wood just like I would use Balistol.

Finished off with a couple drops of lube on a pad down the barrel.
All in all these AMS Oil Fireame products worked as expected.

AND THEY ARE ODER FREE.
Thanks for the review and I am glad you liked the product. There are so many cleaners and oils out there to chose from. I think its a case of Ford Chevy and Dodge. Everyone has there own favorites. But I have found these products to work well also. Shooting Blackpowder alot I like the oil for the barrels to prevent rust. Al
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:09 pm

Odor free?...part of the fun of gun cleaning is getting high as a kite.... :lol:
1 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:12 am

Ojaileveraction wrote:BigAl52 sent me a bottle of AMS Oil Firearm Lubjrcat
I lubed my cat once. He wasn't happy.

He was, however, able to make it through the too small pet door a lot easier.
0 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya