Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

.357 inner load tube end plug removal

Tell us how you do it
GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: .357 inner load tube end plug removal

Post by GFK » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:11 pm

Thanks all for the reply. I was thinking of a thin oil like Rem-Oil and then wiping it down. I would not want to have oil in the magazine. Rem-Oil seems light and leaves little residue. My reasons for avoiding brass cleaners is based on my experience in the Navy and on things at home. Once a brass cleaner is used, the item seems to require continuous attention or turns to a very dark color.

Or course, it has been awhile since I used one. But, I have dresser that I polished some of its brass handles on about 25 years. The ones I did not touch (due to time) still looks good. The ones I did touch not so much. I notice the change about a week or so after cleaning them. I had a similar experience while in the Navy. Of course, cleaning brass can be a daily job in the Navy. So, one may not notice the fading until it has not done for awhile. But for $22, it doesn't seem like a big deal to replace the tube if I become dissatisfied with it. I plan to replace the handles on the dresser also. I just have not gotten around to it yet. Who knows, it may be a project for someone after me to take on.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:43 pm

After polishing brass wipe it down with a ph7 soap and it will look and stay looking new.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:25 pm

Okay. Thanks.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).