Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Kano Kroil Penetrating Oil

Tell us how you do it
larry7293
Cowhand
United States of America

Kano Kroil Penetrating Oil

Post by larry7293 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:59 pm

Does anyone use Kano Kroil Penetrating Oil to remove lead from their rifles?
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Kano Kroil Penetrating Oil

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:43 pm

I have some and I use it from time to time but if I have lead in the bore I usually use the chore girl wrappings on and old bore brush along with it. I get the chore girl at Walgreens and make sure its the all copper. Some other folks here swear by the lewis lead remover and I have never used one but I here they work good. Al
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Rugerfanboy
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Rugerfanboy » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:59 am

larry7293 wrote:Does anyone use Kano Kroil Penetrating Oil to remove lead from their rifles?
I use it...but not for lead. My lead bullets...which I cast my own....are powder coated by me and there sized to firearm I use them for...so I don't have a leading issue. I mainly use Kroil for when I shoot my guns with high ammo count. Like on a Saturday, I'll invite several friends over to shoot on my private range and I'll use my AR15 M4 Carbine. In that range time, I'll end up shooting between a 1000 to 2000 rounds. That many rounds causes allot of carbon fouling around the gas system and the bolt carrier group. Kroil makes clean up a short chore for carbon fouling. Now, if I did have a lead issue, Kroil will remove lead deposits. But, I also use the Lewis Lead Remover kits from Brownells. I use Kroil so much, I keep two cans on hand. As I use that one can....when that first can runs out...I start using the 2nd can. I then buy a new can to replace the first can. That way, I never run out of Kroil. My local gun store sales allot of Kano Kroil Penetrating Oil.

If you have a bad leading issue, the best way is to soak the bore with Kroil and let it sit for a while. Then use a brass bore brush on your rod to remove the lead from your barrel. The Kroil will penetrate up underneath the lead so that it will be rather easy to be removed with your brass bore brush that you attach to your bore rod. If the leading is really bad and thick in the bore, you can use a copper scouring pad piece on your brass bore brush. Just rip a small piece off the pad and wrap it around the brass bore brush. A small piece is all it will take. The copper scouring pad can be bought at Lowes (link below).
http://www.lowes.com/pd/Scotch-Brite-3- ... s/50277215
0 x
[color=#FF0000]Squatch[/color] wrote:I ended up loading 47 of those 300gr torpedoes. I have room in my ammo box for mouse farts and cruise missiles. Each have a job. I like them all! :D

Rugerfanboy
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Rugerfanboy » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:07 am

BigAl52 wrote:I have some and I use it from time to time but if I have lead in the bore I usually use the chore girl wrappings on and old bore brush along with it. I get the chore girl at Walgreens and make sure its the all copper. Some other folks here swear by the lewis lead remover and I have never used one but I here they work good. Al
Scotch-Brite 3-Pack Copper Scouring Pads from Lowes is cheaper. :mrgreen: :lol: :D

$2.48

$4.21
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Spic-And-Span ... a/22454209
0 x
[color=#FF0000]Squatch[/color] wrote:I ended up loading 47 of those 300gr torpedoes. I have room in my ammo box for mouse farts and cruise missiles. Each have a job. I like them all! :D

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:03 am

Rugerfanboy wrote:
BigAl52 wrote:I have some and I use it from time to time but if I have lead in the bore I usually use the chore girl wrappings on and old bore brush along with it. I get the chore girl at Walgreens and make sure its the all copper. Some other folks here swear by the lewis lead remover and I have never used one but I here they work good. Al
Scotch-Brite 3-Pack Copper Scouring Pads from Lowes is cheaper. :mrgreen: :lol: :D

$2.48

$4.21
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Spic-And-Span ... a/22454209
Next time I need some I will check Lowes. I also recently bought a flintlock Pennsylvannia rifle. The rifle itself was in like new condition. But I had a heck of time getting the touch hole liner to come out. Out came the Kroil and I dumped a generous amount down the barrel. We were able to remove the liner the next day and the Kroil had in fact penetrated all the way through the threads. Al
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55