Paste Wax

Tell us how you do it
PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Paste Wax

Post by PT7 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:50 pm

RR,

It is absolutely amazing how excellently you shoot your 45s, considering when you read the Forum threads that you can't see clearly the difference between the words "colonoscopy" and "paste wax."

Just amazing! :lol:
RanchRoper wrote:This stuff was terrible for my colonoscopy....oops wrong thread sorry :shock:
1 x

~Пока~

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:35 pm

Mags wrote:.
Not for brass. Renaissance Wax, already mentioned, is best for guns with shiny brass and wood as it can be used on both surfaces.
Get it from Amazon.
Ozarkwoodswalker wrote:I use Johnson's paste was on my guns and knives. I think it works great! I had a folding Damascus knife that I was having continual rust problems with...once I started waxing it..no more rust problems!! I'm sold on waxing my rifles also.
Can you use Renaissance Wax on BLUED Henry finishes like the BB Steel? My instinct is "No," but I've been wrong before...
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:26 pm

It won't hurt steel. It's inert. I did try it on my octagon barrel, but I didn't like the result. Made finger prints very prominent. So my personal preference is to use gun oil on blued steel. I don't have a CCH or All Weather so cannot really say what the Renaissance Wax appearance would be. I can imagine it might make CCH really shine and be invisible on an All Weather.
ESquared wrote:
Mags wrote:.
Not for brass. Renaissance Wax, already mentioned, is best for guns with shiny brass and wood as it can be used on both surfaces.
Get it from Amazon.
Ozarkwoodswalker wrote:I use Johnson's paste was on my guns and knives. I think it works great! I had a folding Damascus knife that I was having continual rust problems with...once I started waxing it..no more rust problems!! I'm sold on waxing my rifles also.
Can you use Renaissance Wax on BLUED Henry finishes like the BB Steel? My instinct is "No," but I've been wrong before...
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:37 pm

Makes sense, Mags. A little wipe down with Ballistol on the blued steel, woodwork and leather sling, all at the same time. I bet you're right, too, about the Ren Wax on the CCH finish. Would be a nice enhancement. Might have to break down and buy some.
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:08 am

I use the wax on my wood and brass. I tried it on my leather sling. Works good on the finished side. The unfinished side soaks it up and you can't tell you waxed it. The wax can be used on a lot of things. If you search and read up on it, you'll find a lot of British museums use it on everything. Parchment, leather, armor, jewelry, woodwork, etc. It's not expensive, so no need to use on just Henrys. Don't laugh, but I've even used as a lube for pulling electrical wiring through walls.
ESquared wrote:Makes sense, Mags. A little wipe down with Ballistol on the blued steel, woodwork and leather sling, all at the same time. I bet you're right, too, about the Ren Wax on the CCH finish. Would be a nice enhancement. Might have to break down and buy some.
2 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Ernie
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:23 pm

I use Renaissance Wax, it works well for me but everyone has their preferences
1 x

Liberty
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Liberty » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:25 pm

After reading all the comments about wax, I just have to try it. Ordered some Renaissance Wax from Amazon today. I look forward to using it.
4 x
You learn very little the second time you get kicked by a horse.

I love my Henry Silver Eagle H004SEM!