Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

boresnake

Tell us how you do it
Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: boresnake

Post by Squatch » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:23 pm

I have a Bore snake question. I now have 3 of them. One for each caliber I shoot.

But I've never used them before. So do you use them dry or wet? The instructions don't say anything about solvent. But it seems it would work much better if the leading couple of inches was wetted with Balistol or Bore bright or some such.
0 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:47 pm

That's how I use mine. Soak it with Balistol and pull it through two or three times. Always comes out bright and shiny.
3 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:54 pm

cofisher's method sounds good.

I know other people put a few drops oh Hopps #9 on the beginning of the snake and a few drops of remoil on the tail.
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:35 am

2X on Cofisher. Lately I've been using Sea Foam Deep Creep....does a pretty good bore cleaning. :)
I like Henry88's comment, too, about following up with RemOil toward the tail end of the snake. Sounds like a good clean combo. I know Remington has a cleaning combination they sell, which is made up just that way. I think I'll try that next cleaning I do.
0 x

~Пока~