Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

MUZZLE GUARD

Tell us how you do it
larry7293
Cowhand
United States of America

MUZZLE GUARD

Post by larry7293 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:22 pm

Does anyone know if there are any muzzle guards available for the Henry 22 rimfire rifle? Pro shot sells one for the 22 which fits their rod but it does not fit the Henry rimfire muzzle. Not sure if cleaning solely with a boresnake is sufficient?
0 x

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Re: MUZZLE GUARD

Post by clovishound » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:01 pm

I posted this in another thread. I have owned a Ruger Mark I since I bought it brand new in the mid 70s. I have always cleaned it from the muzzle as field stripping it is too much of a pain, and hard on certain parts. I haven't seen issues at all with the crown. I clean from the breech if I can, if not, I clean from the muzzle and don't worry about it.
0 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:48 pm

clovishound wrote:I posted this in another thread. I have owned a Ruger Mark I since I bought it brand new in the mid 70s. I have always cleaned it from the muzzle as field stripping it is too much of a pain, and hard on certain parts. I haven't seen issues at all with the crown. I clean from the breech if I can, if not, I clean from the muzzle and don't worry about it.
I use a bore snake 99% of the time but when I use a rod I'm careful just like you are.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Cactusjack
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Cactusjack » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:27 pm

Why clean a Henry from the muzzle? 5 simple screws removed pull stock off, lift cover off, set bolt aside and clean. No way you can hurt the muzzle. I clean my H001TM and H001TV that way only. But we each have our own ways to do things.
0 x