over the weekend I took our 300 out and fired a few rounds .... bore sighted at 25 yard she only required 3 rounds to bring the point of impact to where we wanted it .... at 50 yards she required a minor adjustment and grouped well .... at 100 yards she grouped OK but her impact point was further off than we anticipated ....we were just starting to make the necessary adjustments when a thunderstorm moved in so that remains to be taken care of .... the bullets we were firing were loaded in the early 80's .... while the bullets performed well, some of the casings were really tough to get out of the chamber .... apparently they swelled sufficiently to where it was really tough to work the bolt and remove them .... no clue what was going on
The Coolest thing made in Wisconsin - the All Weather Big Boy - Congratulations Henry !
Tell us how you do it
- Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
- Posts: 9680
- Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:58 pm
- Location: central NC
JEBar, just an idea. I had the same thing happen with a 7mm RM I had. Three rounds like you described. I took the rest of the box, put each round in my press and with seater die, JUST broke the tension by seating a TINY amount. I mean just enough to where you feel it . Not much at all. This worked for me. No issues.