Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

A superior Hoppe's? -- #9 versus #9 Synthetic?

Tell us how you do it
Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: A superior Hoppe's? -- #9 versus #9 Synthetic?

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:48 am

I clean mine outside when using No 9. I like the smell when I'm cleaning but when I'm done I want the smell to be gone.
2 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Cactusjack
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Cactusjack » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:17 pm

That's why I always use it in my shop smell is for ever there. Love that smell.
1 x

Rugerfanboy
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Rugerfanboy » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:54 am

1911ly wrote:I love the smell of Hoppe's. My son does too. I guess it's a real man's thing. :lol:
I guess....if you like smelling the south bound end of a north bound mule. :lol: ;) :D :mrgreen:

My take (understanding for the ones that can't read between the line ) on this is.....you folks must not shoot your firearms (weapon) very much (small amount....I'm being generous). In turn...is not good (very bad) since most of you all are old (crusty) and retired (worn out). But....it's clear as mud (state of mind) at this time cause you all made the statement....you really like the smell (vaporized fart...that's just nasty). That also tells me (informs) you embark on short range trips hence the reason for the short time cleaning (statements made that you love the smell). I'd like to challenge (forcing one to do something they rather not do) you to have a longer range secession. Get out and shoot more (celebrate Henry Video - 1000 man shoot). Shooting 50 rounds a range secession is not much practice in my opinion. No more than what you folks shoot....you could use WD40 to clean your firearm. STOP.....I better not tell you that....cause well all know you will try it. Do not read the last statement I made....cause I don't want to be the one responsible for your firearm being clean. :lol:

Santa....if your reading this....make sure you don't bring me any Hoppe's #9 for Christmas....!!! I want a can (case would be better) of - SEAFOAM - instead. :mrgreen:
Hoppe's #9 smells like vaporized farts....!!! You hear me Santa....??? If you get me Hoppee's #9.....I will shoot all of your white tail reindeer with my Henry Big Boy Steel 44 Magnum rifle. Put it this way Santa....a case of SEAFOAM is cheaper than a cab ride back to the north pole.
1 x
[color=#FF0000]Squatch[/color] wrote:I ended up loading 47 of those 300gr torpedoes. I have room in my ammo box for mouse farts and cruise missiles. Each have a job. I like them all! :D

1911ly
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by 1911ly » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:39 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You've obviously ruined your sense of smell by sniffing to much potpourri. I has a sad for you... :mrgreen:
Rugerfanboy wrote: I guess....if you like smelling the south bound end of a north bound mule. :lol: ;) :D :mrgreen:

My take (understanding for the ones that can't read between the line ) on this is.....you folks must not shoot your firearms (weapon) very much (small amount....I'm being generous). In turn...is not good (very bad) since most of you all are old (crusty) and retired (worn out). But....it's clear as mud (state of mind) at this time cause you all made the statement....you really like the smell (vaporized fart...that's just nasty). That also tells me (informs) you embark on short range trips hence the reason for the short time cleaning (statements made that you love the smell). I'd like to challenge (forcing one to do something they rather not do) you to have a longer range secession. Get out and shoot more (celebrate Henry Video - 1000 man shoot). Shooting 50 rounds a range secession is not much practice in my opinion. No more than what you folks shoot....you could use WD40 to clean your firearm. STOP.....I better not tell you that....cause well all know you will try it. Do not read the last statement I made....cause I don't want to be the one responsible for your firearm being clean. :lol:

Santa....if your reading this....make sure you don't bring me any Hoppe's #9 for Christmas....!!! I want a can (case would be better) of - SEAFOAM - instead. :mrgreen:
Hoppe's #9 smells like vaporized farts....!!! You hear me Santa....??? If you get me Hoppee's #9.....I will shoot all of your white tail reindeer with my Henry Big Boy Steel 44 Magnum rifle. Put it this way Santa....a case of SEAFOAM is cheaper than a cab ride back to the north pole.
0 x
I hate political correctness!!

Rugerfanboy
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Rugerfanboy » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:18 pm

1911ly wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You've obviously ruined your sense of smell by sniffing to much potpourri. I has a sad for you... :mrgreen:
Rugerfanboy wrote: I guess....if you like smelling the south bound end of a north bound mule. :lol: ;) :D :mrgreen:

Come on 1911ly....I'm running out of idea's on how to keep this thread going...!!! Help me out here. :mrgreen: ;)
1 x
[color=#FF0000]Squatch[/color] wrote:I ended up loading 47 of those 300gr torpedoes. I have room in my ammo box for mouse farts and cruise missiles. Each have a job. I like them all! :D

1911ly
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by 1911ly » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:33 pm

Rugerfanboy wrote:
1911ly wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You've obviously ruined your sense of smell by sniffing to much potpourri. I has a sad for you... :mrgreen:

Come on 1911ly....I'm running out of idea's on how to keep this thread going...!!! Help me out here. :mrgreen: ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I kinda wish women's perfume smelled as nice. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
That reminds me, I have a few guns to clean! The house is gonna smell so good! :D
0 x
I hate political correctness!!

one3
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by one3 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:27 am

Yes, I know about splling . I secure the open bottle in front of me somewhere, then use a eye droper to put the hoppe's on a patch.
1 x

one3
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by one3 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:31 am

Are you guy's refering to the Seafoam that you put in your gas tank?
1 x

Rugerfanboy
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Rugerfanboy » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:55 am

one3 wrote:Are you guy's refering to the Seafoam that you put in your gas tank?
yes
0 x