Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

H015 single shot scope mount challenge

zara_puppy
Cowhand
United States of America

H015 single shot scope mount challenge

Post by zara_puppy » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:14 am

I’ll start with this - I already have a nice Nikon 2X7 shotgun scope mounted on my .243 single shot. Couldn’t be happier with how it shoots. But......
One of the reasons I chose this rifle was the iron sights. Always like to have a plan B. With the current pic rail like the one in the Henry accessory store the irons are, well, useless.

So with “currently” all kinds of extra time and my local outdoor range five minutes away I figured I’d play a bit. Using the current scope I was wondering if I can get a quality, low profile rail and Warne QD’s thus allowing quick removal of the scope and the ability to use the irons - and return the scope retaining at least close to zero (minute of deer vitals 😉 ) The key, of course, is the rail. With a 32mm objective and a folding rear sight, high (or extra high QD’s) I should be able to make it happen.

So - all this to ask the question - what rail or base? Many thanks - and my apologies if this has been asked and answered (I did look before posting but didn’t see anything specific).

Stay safe everybody!
0 x

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Re: H015 single shot scope mount challenge

Post by Cofisher » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:07 am

Look at the Ranger Point Precision site. I know some have used theirs. I don’t know about fitment on the single shot. Good luck.
0 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: H015 single shot scope mount challenge

Post by BigAl52 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:08 am

I have the EGW rail on mine but not sure with Warne QD if that would work.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55