Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Nikon to Leupold switch

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: Nikon to Leupold switch

Post by Yornoc3 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:32 pm

The Sightron S 1 Hunter 3-9x32 scope arrived today. I haven't mounted it on anything, yet, and it'll be awhile - I just got in from snow shoeing in order to get a walk in for the Labrador. However, I can say that it's a nice little scope, optically looks really good, sharp image to the edge, minimal "donut" ring around the ocular lens at the proper eye relief, and fit and finish look great. It is an "old school" design, the power adjustment ring is separate from the eye piece, and the focus is not the "fast focus" style. These features make the ocular end more trim, though, and might save a little weight. I would call the crosshair reticle (for sure old school) medium, not fine. The best comparable I have is the Weaver 2.5-7x28 Rimfire (now discontinued); this scope is a quarter inch shorter :!: , and about 1.5 ounces heavier at 11.25 oz. Not bad for a 3-9x32. When I checked at Midway, they still show them available, but they're back up to $149.99. They're also shown on Sightron's web site. I'm kinda glad I looked at their Black Friday deals for a change ;) .
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:29 pm

sounds interesting ... can you post a picture ..?.. really looking forward to hearing your comments after mounting it and sending a bunch of rounds down range
0 x

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Yornoc3 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:33 am

I'm kind of a luddite when it comes to posting pictures :) . Either Midway or Sightron's sites have good images, along with spec.s. I won't be putting too many rounds downrange for a while, unless we get a real good January thaw. I am contemplating snowshoeing my backyard range to get at least a 50 yard target out there for a few rounds, if the snow holds off for a while. Forecast for next week: a spell of well below zero :( . It's just normal for here ;) .
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:03 am

Yornoc3 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:33 am
I am contemplating snowshoeing my backyard range to get at least a 50 yard target out there for a few rounds, if the snow holds off for a while. Forecast for next week: a spell of well below zero :( . It's just normal for here ;) .
OUCH ... sure glad that's not normal here .. :o .. do hope things work out to where you are able to send some rounds down range
0 x