Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Good buy Alert

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Good buy Alert

Post by Yornoc3 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:42 pm

Today I saw that Natchez Shooters Supply has Weaver rimfire scopes on sale at $109.99 for the 2-7, and $189.99 for the 3-9 AO . That's cheaper than I've seen 'em, so I'm tempted to order one even though I don't need any right now ;) .
2 x

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Good buy Alert

Post by bandit1250 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:22 pm

Yornoc3 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:42 pm
Today I saw that Natchez Shooters Supply has Weaver rimfire scopes on sale at $109.99 for the 2-7, and $189.99 for the 3-9 AO . That's cheaper than I've seen 'em, so I'm tempted to order one even though I don't need any right now ;) .
The trouble with buying a Weaver scope with them being out of business is if they break and you send them back you will get a Bushnell in the place of the Weaver. Not every body wants a Bushnell if they bought a Weaver. Not saying all Bushnells are bad but I would rather have a Japan built Weaver and not get a replacement China made Bushnell like they sent my best friend that returned a Weaver 3-9 AO rim fire that an air rifle beat the guts loose in it after about 40 shots and it was an air gun rated scope. I really like the 3-9 Weaver AO. I think they are a nice rim fire scope but I am not going to buy one with the way things are now. I will save up more money and get the Leupold Freedom 3-9X33 AO. If you get one I hope you have good reliability from it and it works out well for you.
0 x

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:02 pm

bandit1250 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:22 pm
Yornoc3 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:42 pm
The trouble with buying a Weaver scope with them being out of business is if they break and you send them back you will get a Bushnell in the place of the Weaver. Not every body wants a Bushnell if they bought a Weaver. Not saying all Bushnells are bad but I would rather have a Japan built Weaver and not get a replacement China made Bushnell like they sent my best friend that returned a Weaver 3-9 AO rim fire that an air rifle beat the guts loose in it after about 40 shots and it was an air gun rated scope. I really like the 3-9 Weaver AO. I think they are a nice rim fire scope but I am not going to buy one with the way things are now. I will save up more money and get the Leupold Freedom 3-9X33 AO. If you get one I hope you have good reliability from it and it works out well for you.
This is absolutely correct. I have four Weavers: two K4's, one 1-3x20mm and one Classic V 3x9. All Japanese. Excellent glass.
I have heard, just no dealings with the newer ones, that they are not as good.
Yornoc, good find tho. See if you can find more info about those.
1 x

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Yornoc3 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:28 pm

I've bought scopes from Natchez in the past, when particular models (silver to match a couple stainless rimfires) were on a clearance sale, but not when an entire line is being discontinued :shock: . Still, I've had good results from the 2 or 3 Weaver rimfire 2x7 scopes I have; I wouldn't worry too much about ever needing repair on them. They're not quite in the class of the Leupold 2x7 rimfire scope, but a lot less expensive :) .
1 x