Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Vintage Weaver Scopes

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Vintage Weaver Scopes

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:47 am

I collect vintage Weaver Scopes and love them. The old C series and V22 scopes are my favorites but I also have Marksmans and some J series. Weaver made scopes that were marketed by J.C. Higgins, Sears and about a dozen others and they are just as good. You just can't beat a scope made in El Paso, TX.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Vintage Weaver Scopes

Post by bandit1250 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:47 pm

I am pretty fond of the Weavers of by gone days also. I had a few last year that were marked Sears and had brass turrets on them and they looked brand new and were crystal clear. I showed them to a dealer and he gave me a $100 each for them to put on vintage rifles from the same period. I replaced them with two used 1-4 Leupold straight tubes for a couple dollars more than I got for them. I still look at shows for them but they are scarce to find nice clean ones. I have a 7/8" tube 6 power that looks like a 1" scope when you look through it. I have it on a 511 Remington and it works so well it can stay right there or go on my Henry Frontier.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:06 pm

bandit1250 wrote:I am pretty fond of the Weavers of by gone days also. I had a few last year that were marked Sears and had brass turrets on them and they looked brand new and were crystal clear. I showed them to a dealer and he gave me a $100 each for them to put on vintage rifles from the same period. I replaced them with two used 1-4 Leupold straight tubes for a couple dollars more than I got for them. I still look at shows for them but they are scarce to find nice clean ones. I have a 7/8" tube 6 power that looks like a 1" scope when you look through it. I have it on a 511 Remington and it works so well it can stay right there or go on my Henry Frontier.
I have a C6 which sounds like you 7/8" tube. The C4 is also very good.
0 x

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:42 pm

I just have the one V22 on my Mare's Leg. Sir Henry got me interested in them and I found mine on EBay. I had a little issue with one of the turrets not adjusting. But with SH's advice I was able to take it apart and fix it. Works like a champ now and I have learned to shoot pretty well with it.
0 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:45 pm

RetiredSeabee wrote:I just have the one V22 on my Mare's Leg. Sir Henry got me interested in them and I found mine on EBay. I had a little issue with one of the turrets not adjusting. But with SH's advice I was able to take it apart and fix it. Works like a champ now and I have learned to shoot pretty well with it.
The V22's are a great scope. I prefer the V22-A but both are great.
0 x

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:01 pm

Sir Henry wrote:
RetiredSeabee wrote:I just have the one V22 on my Mare's Leg. Sir Henry got me interested in them and I found mine on EBay. I had a little issue with one of the turrets not adjusting. But with SH's advice I was able to take it apart and fix it. Works like a champ now and I have learned to shoot pretty well with it.
What makes the A model better?
0 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:20 pm

RetiredSeabee wrote:
Sir Henry wrote:
What makes the A model better?
The adjustments are different. Maybe tonight I'll take a picture of both.
0 x