Torque Question

SoonerShooter
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Re: Torque Question

Post by SoonerShooter » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:31 pm

JEBar wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:42 pm
first, welcome to our forum, delighted to have you join us ..... some of our folks may well know the specs and will be along shortly to provide them .... the most authoritative source for such info would be Henry customer support .... give them a call or send them an email and you'll find they are great to work with .... please take a look at our How Many ? thread (link below) and add your Henry to our community's total

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 39#p100039
Thanks. I contacted Henry and they replied the next day. The torque is 20 inch pounds for a brass receiver. Thanks again guys.
2 x

SoonerShooter
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by SoonerShooter » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:38 pm

Mags wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:10 pm
Welcome to the forum from the TV, Oregon.
The torque spec should have been included on a small piece of installation instruction paper inside the blister package the base came in. It's sandwiched between the front and back of the pretty paper covers inside the blister package. If you just cut the base out of blister package then you may have missed finding the installation sheet.
SoonerShooter wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:57 pm
I have a Big Boy .357 with the brass receiver. I bought the Henry Ring and Base set for it. I know what the torque is for the rings,but I can't find the torque for the 3 screws in the base. I need to know so I don't strip out the receiver. Thanks.
That's what i thought too, but no,it gives the torque value for the rings,but not the base. It just says to check with the gun company for the base torque.
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:50 pm

SoonerShooter wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:31 pm
Thanks. I contacted Henry and they replied the next day. The torque is 20 inch pounds for a brass receiver. Thanks again guys.
not surprised in the least by your reported contact with Henry Customer Service .... they are a top tier company .... glad you now have authoritative info
1 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:55 am

hah! very good. Thanks for sharing that information.
SoonerShooter wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:31 pm
...s. I contacted Henry and they replied the next day. The torque is 20 inch pounds for a brass receiver. Thanks again guys.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234