Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Scopecoat

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Scopecoat

Post by JEBar » Sun May 26, 2019 1:02 pm

have you ever not been able to find something that you know has to be around but you don't have a clue as to where .... in speaking with Evan (ESquared) about our August Gathering in KC (first link below) we decided it might be fun to bring a variety of Henry and other firearms that anyone interested might enjoy seeing and/or firing ..... one I mentioned that interested Evan is our 30+ year old Remington 700 BDL chambered in 300 WBY Mag .... to say its out of the box recoil was harsh would be a pretty big understatement .... for that reason it underwent several upgrades to reduce felt recoil .... a few years ago she was outfitted with a 4X16 Nikon Monarch that I haven't gotten around to zeroing .... hope to get that done before the gathering .... much to my surprise, when I removed it from the vault, the scope covers were missing .. :?: .. I've looked everywhere I can think of with no luck in finding them .... I finally figured that the quickest way to find them was to buy a replacement .. :roll: .. so, this morning I drove over to a local gun store where I looked at individual, flip up lens covers .... while the front one would have worked OK, the one that fit the rear lens wouldn't .... I ended up purchasing Scopecoat (second link & and shown below) .... didn't know they existed until this morning so I have no clue how it will perform down the line .... at $19 it cost about half of what it would have taken to buy 2 individual flip up covers .... now I wonder how long it will take to find the OEM covers

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=6592

https://shop.scopecoat.com/Standard-Sco ... 3MM_c7.htm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Scopecoat

Post by Mags » Sun May 26, 2019 1:19 pm

I think you'll like it. The Leupold I borrowed from my son has a Leupold sock on it. I didn't know they existed either until I got the scope from my son. Turns out there are plenty of after market socks out there. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=scope+sock+c ... _ss_i_2_10
JEBar wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 1:02 pm
have you ever not been able to find something that you know has to be around but you don't have a clue as to where .... in speaking with Evan (ESquared) about our August Gathering in KC (first link below) we decided it might be fun to bring a variety of Henry and other firearms that anyone interested might enjoy seeing and/or firing ..... one I mentioned that interested Evan is our 30+ year old Remington 700 BDL chambered in 300 WBY Mag .... to say its out of the box recoil was harsh would be a pretty big understatement .... for that reason it underwent several upgrades to reduce felt recoil .... a few years ago she was outfitted with a 4X16 Nikon Monarch that I haven't gotten around to zeroing .... hope to get that done before the gathering .... much to my surprise, when I removed it from the vault, the scope covers were missing .. :?: .. I've looked everywhere I can think of with no luck in finding them .... I finally figured that the quickest way to find them was to buy a replacement .. :roll: .. so, this morning I drove over to a local gun store where I looked at individual, flip up lens covers .... while the front one would have worked OK, the one that fit the rear lens wouldn't .... I ended up purchased Scopecoat (second link & and shown below) .... didn't know they existed until this morning so I have no clue how it will perform down the line .... at $19 it cost about half of what it would have taken to buy 2 individual flip up covers .... now I wonder how long it will take to find the OEM covers

[b][color=#0000FF]http://henryrifleforu ... color][/b]

[b][color=#FF0000]https://shop.scopecoa ... color][/b]
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun May 26, 2019 1:41 pm

good to know .... Amazon has the one I purchased locally .... by the time I figure in driving to get it, the pricing is about even .... if this one proves out like I hope it will, I'll probably buy others when needed
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sun May 26, 2019 2:05 pm

Love the ScopeCoat but here is my 'Scope SOCK'
Free, easily made and disposable!
IMG_1469[1].JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun May 26, 2019 2:07 pm

I wouldn't mind losing one like that ... :D
0 x

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Yornoc3 » Sun May 26, 2019 8:08 pm

I like those, whether Leupold, Weaver or Cabelas marked ;) . I find them a good way to keep dust, etc. off the lenses, and they're easy to remove when hunting or sighting in, etc. I just stick 'em in the gun case. I never hunt with any type of lens cover on the scope, just one more thing to cause a snafu when you least expect it :) .
1 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun May 26, 2019 8:15 pm

Hope those are clean... :lol:
Mistered wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 2:05 pm
Love the ScopeCoat but here is my 'Scope SOCK'
Free, easily made and disposable!
IMG_1469[1].JPG
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun May 26, 2019 8:38 pm

Yornoc3 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 8:08 pm
I find them a good way to keep dust, etc. off the lenses, and they're easy to remove when hunting or sighting in, etc.

I never hunt with any type of lens cover on the scope, just one more thing to cause a snafu when you least expect it :) .
agree .... I wish I'd of known they existed before this morning .... I have a few scopes with flip-up covers that tend to be aggravating at times .... I have a hunch that they may well get misplaced down the line .. ;)
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sun May 26, 2019 9:06 pm

I love my Butler Creek flip ups. Can't see how they would ever be a hindrance to me. Not a spec of dust either...JMO. :)
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sun May 26, 2019 9:36 pm

My Scope Sock was implemented about five minutes after seeing the ScopeCoat!
0 x