Scopecoat

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Scopecoat

Post by JEBar » Sun May 26, 2019 9:47 pm

markiver54 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:06 pm
I love my Butler Creek flip ups. Can't see how they would ever be a hindrance to me. Not a spec of dust either...JMO. :)
most of the time flip up covers are fine but on our more powerful scopes the rear lens is used to adjust eye relief as you raise or lower the power .... on a bolt action that rotation can interfere with operating the bolt
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sun May 26, 2019 10:07 pm

JEBar wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:47 pm
markiver54 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:06 pm
I love my Butler Creek flip ups. Can't see how they would ever be a hindrance to me. Not a spec of dust either...JMO. :)
most of the time flip up covers are fine but on our more powerful scopes the rear lens is used to adjust eye relief as you raise or lower the power .... on a bolt action that rotation can interfere with operating the bolt
Thanks Jim, I CAN understand that. One shortcoming of rear flip up. :)
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by John E Davies » Sun May 26, 2019 11:36 pm

I have been using those neoprene covers forever, I really like how they protect the scope from dings, scratches and safe rash, and they might help to cushion a bad impact if the gun fell..... OTH I have been looking for a zipper or Velcro sack to carry the scope separately from the rifle. I have a rifle set up with Warn QD rings and want to be able to carry the scope off the gun, with the rings fully protected. My existing coat works Ok but the rings stick out the bottom.... it isn’t 100% satisfactory.

Any ideas?

John Davies
Spokane WA
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sun May 26, 2019 11:45 pm

Have always wondered about removable scope rings. Is accuracy just as good being taken off and on?
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry