Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

UTG Leapers Bug Buster with 3/8-11mm to Weaver adaptors

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:21 pm

Hey guys, just want to make a quick review of this scope. I've had my eye on it for a while, but didn't like the $85 price tag it carried. So now @$65 I bit and put it on the H001. It's the 3X9 32mm.
bug buster 001.JPG
bug buster 002.JPG
Yeah, it was raining today, but this is off the south gulf; my shirt was only on for the mosquitoes :D. Yeah it's that warm, crazy. Bath water :?

But anyway, for background, I have a Leapers scope on my springer (Walther Terrus), and after 500+ plus shots it's hanging in there with zero issues. Great clear view, POI doesn't shift. No complaints
terrus 009.JPG
So I'm using the 3/8 to Weaver adapters. I believe it was SirH that turned me on to these back on RFC. I'm not sure his were Leapers, but he did mention these, correct me if I'm wrong SirH.
bug buster 003.JPG
I have noticed that fewer rimfire type rings/mounts are available; seems like it's a platform that's being phased out, The adapters allow you to fully explore the Weaver/Picitanny options out there.

So the Cons are kind of brief; the scope is not light. I noticed that when I got it out of the PO box.
Fortunately, this is offset (largely IMO) by the fact that it is directly over the receiver. The balance, which is so great in the Classic, remains more or less unchanged. Also, I hate that the illuminated recticle doesn't shut itself off the way the other Leapers scope does. Especially since I use them on the lowest settings. To add, the bugbuster doesn't have an ultra low setting, the way the other one (Walther Terrus) one does.

Also, though generous, some may find the eye relief constricting. I can tell you that I usually set my scopes all the way back, and I can work with this scope. The eye relief is easily four inches.

So that's it. Now comes the beta testing :D

Post more when I know more. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Re: UTG Leapers Bug Buster with 3/8-11mm to Weaver adaptors

Post by RetiredSeabee » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:53 pm

Looking forward to hearing more. I have one as well, bought it at least a year ago but have not yet used it. I too was surprised at the weight given it’s size. But it seems very solidly built.
0 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:54 pm

Ive looked at those before online but its hard to buy a scope online when you have not ever seen the real thing in person. I will be curious as to your thoughts when you actually use it.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:56 am

I have one as well. I mounted it on my Ruger .44 Carbine, but ended up selling that to fund my .357 BBS purchase. I was totally happy with the quality, but I also didn’t put more than a few rounds through the .44 while it was scoped. It will be a good back up scope. Maybe if my eyes take a drastic turn it will end up on one of my lever guns?
0 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF

Slugnut
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Slugnut » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:27 pm

Nice ! I've found the Leapers UTG scopes are pretty good scopes for my pellet rifles (springers and gas piston) as well. They hold zero, clear glass and have nice features.
0 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:43 pm

Not many options in that price range with A/O. They shine above the others IMO.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:46 pm

Can you say this real fast 10 times and not mess it up?
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234