Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Leupold 12X scope

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Leupold 12X scope

Post by bandit1250 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:25 pm

I am trying to decide which varmint rifle I will put the Leupold 12X AO on that I got at a gun show in September. This one is the silhouette model with the extra knobs for easy adjusting for the different ranges in that type of competition. It is in mint condition and looks unused. I got it from an older gentleman who was getting rid of a lot of shooting items. He had it marked at $375 with a line through it and changed it to $275. I asked to take it out side and he said OK. I found it to be clear as could be and I came back in he asked if I was interested in it and I said I was. He said if I didn't buy it he would have to just take it back home because most folks won't buy a fixed power scope of that power unless they shoot varmints or paper. I told him I do both. He said will you take it for $225 so I don't have to take it home. I hope my wallet was not smoking to bad with me getting it out. ;) :D Here is the scope and all that came with it new. Was very lucky to find exactly what I went there looking for.
[url=https://imgur.com/C3oKKmP]Image[/url
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Leupold 12X scope

Post by North Country Gal » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:36 pm

I love those vintage gloss Leupolds. Nothing wrong with matte scopes, of course, but I do prefer the gloss on more classic rifles. Bet there's a 22 rifle in your safe calling that scope's name. :)
1 x

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Yornoc3 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:34 pm

Nice pick up! I did almost the same thing with a NIB Leupold gloss FX 6X. Trouble was, I bought it with no real plan of what I would use it for. Eventually, it convinced me to buy a Henry single shot .243. So, yes, I bought a rifle for my scope ;) .
2 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:03 pm

Yornoc3 wrote:Nice pick up! I did almost the same thing with a NIB Leupold gloss FX 6X. Trouble was, I bought it with no real plan of what I would use it for. Eventually, it convinced me to buy a Henry single shot .243. So, yes, I bought a rifle for my scope ;) .
Perfectly normal. Have done it, myself. Once, I even went into our local outdoor store and bought a canoe paddle, then decided to buy a canoe to go with it. :)
2 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:49 am

Looks great. Gotta jump on a great deal when you see one! Congrats...
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry