Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Scope for BB .44 Mag

Pitchman1968
Cowhand
United States of America

Scope for BB .44 Mag

Post by Pitchman1968 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:36 pm

I am thinking about mounting a scope on my BB .44 Mag. Does anyone have any experience with using a high mount that would enable me to keep the factory iron sights beneath the high mounted scope? Years ago my brother did this on our family heirloom Savage 99 in 303 Savage, and I still use that rifle today. In a quick shooting situation, the iron sight enables the shooter to acquire a faster sight picture than using the scope.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Scope for BB .44 Mag

Post by JEBar » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:12 pm

I briefly looked at see-through mounts when getting ready to mount a scope on our BBS 44 Mag .... I couldn't find any that would work for me because of the angle of our Henry's stock .... such mounts would elevate the scope to a height that made it impossible for me to get a comfortable cheek lock on the stock .... that of course is personal preference which may or may not be a concern to anyone else
0 x

ssonb
Wrangler
United States of America

Re: Scope for BB .44 Mag

Post by ssonb » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:58 pm

I used the Henry scope rail and some mid height rings on a Nikon 3x9x40 inline with the BDC for 300yrds, the stock rear V notch sights barley miss the scope bell...To me if the scope works, great, but if it fails remove it and return to the old school. I really want to put a scout scope setup on the BBS 44.
0 x