Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Got a Vortex for Christmas

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Got a Vortex for Christmas

Post by clovishound » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:21 pm

Early in December SWMBO gave me some money and said get something for yourself for Christmas. I had been dithering about a scope for my Big Boy steel in .357 for a while. Clovispup decided that she would prefer a scope to the red dot we had on it. I swapped out a Bushnell I had on another rifle and we tried it a while. She liked a scope, just not that scope. Eye relief was too titchy for it.

I liked the red dot for range work, but prefer a scope for hunting duty, which the BB occasionally sees. Anyway, local sporting goods store had the Vortex 3x9-40 on sale for $130 and I bit. Got it mounted up and took it to the range. Clovispup and I both give it two thumbs up. Bright, crisp and generous eye relief. It also has a great warranty. I think this is a great scope for it's price range.
2 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: Got a Vortex for Christmas

Post by CT_Shooter » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:25 pm

Congratulations, CH. Nice way to channel the gift into something you both will enjoy. I'm looking forward to seeing some targets!
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Post by Les » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:29 pm

Congratulations on your new Vortex, CH. They are very popular here, too, for the same reasons that you have pointed out. They just represent great value for money. :D
0 x

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by ditto1958 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:36 pm

Hey, congrats. At the range where I shoot, Vortex scopes are probably the most popular brand I see. Lotta bang for the buck.
1 x

Neon Horse
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Neon Horse » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:10 pm

I like Vortex. I buy with confidence knowing the optics are backed by a great warranty. Enjoy yours!
0 x

JCN
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by JCN » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:48 am

Agree with all the posts here. I also own two Vortex scopes and for the money there is no better optic and warranty.
2 x
Henry Big Boy Steel .357 mag

Gregorsway
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Gregorsway » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:51 pm

My brother-in-law just topped a rifle with a nice Vortex scope and I have a nephew that swears by them...and he's quite the deer slayer in our family. I guess it's time I take a hard look at them. Enjoy yours!
0 x