Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Scout Scope on BB Carbine

ShortArms
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Scout Scope on BB Carbine

Post by ShortArms » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:45 pm

I'm looking for ideas on how other Big Boys have mounted a scout scope on the octagon barrel of their carbines. I have the small Burris 2.75x20 that would work well for me optically if I could mount it in place of the rear factory site. Anybody doing this or have seen one? Mine is the 357.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Scout Scope on BB Carbine

Post by North Country Gal » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:08 pm

I have put scout mounts on both Winchesters and Marlins, but in both instances, it took brand and model specific mounts to get it done. Unless you can find a scout mount made specifically for Big Boy, you'll have to explore the idea of adapting a mount from another gun to get it done. I do like a scout setup on a lever gun, myself, so best of luck.
0 x

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:42 pm

The earlier Big Boys are drilled and tapped under the rear sight. They use a cantilever style mount rail that is available from Henry. I would call Henry CS and see if this style would fit your carbine. If you have the old style, you probably only have to order and install the rail from Henry. If you have the newer style that has a drilled and tapped receiver, you may need to have the barrel drilled and tapped, unless they are still drilling and tapping under the sight. They have the rails on their website store under parts.
0 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:35 pm

ShortArms wrote:I'm looking for ideas on how other Big Boys have mounted a scout scope on the octagon barrel of their carbines. I have the small Burris 2.75x20 that would work well for me optically if I could mount it in place of the rear factory site. Anybody doing this or have seen one? Mine is the 357.
is your Big Boy an older generation or the current generation .... on current models Henry drilled and tapped the receiver .... they offer scope mounts to fit ===> https://henrypride.com/collections/rifl ... ope-mounts

at that link they provide info on earlier models that were designed for a scope to be mounted on the barrel
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:44 pm

Always fun to work on optics or iron sights for Henrys.
Hope all works out well mounting the scope on your BB carbine....and the .357 Magnum is a great Henry rifle choice! :)

Not least, Welcome to the Forums from the Show-Me-State! Enjoy your visits, Shortarms.
0 x

~Пока~

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:44 am

Welcome to the conversation, ShortArms. Good luck with the scope.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"