Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Bushnell rimfire scopes

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Re: Bushnell rimfire scopes

Post by Les » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:41 am

Tape wrote:When I think quality scopes Bushnell doesn't even enter my mind especially "superb"
The original Bushnell optics were, indeed, superb. The equipment that they first introduced in 1948 was as good as anything else that was readily available at the time. Beyond a certain level, the only increase is in price and not quality, and some of the higher end Bushnell products still qualify as being superb, imho.
1 x

Tape
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Tape » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:33 am

Les wrote:
Tape wrote:When I think quality scopes Bushnell doesn't even enter my mind especially "superb"
The original Bushnell optics were, indeed, superb.
totally agree with you there but unfortunately that great company is gone like so many others.
0 x

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Post by Les » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:43 am

Tape wrote:totally agree with you there but unfortunately that great company is gone like so many others.
It's difficult to know who owns who these days, isn't it. As you say, some former great names are now great in name only, and some we've never heard of are now ruling the world.

Some folks call it 'progress', but I just call it 'confusing!' ;) :lol:
0 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:16 am

Les wrote:
Tape wrote:totally agree with you there but unfortunately that great company is gone like so many others.
It's difficult to know who owns who these days, isn't it. As you say, some former great names are now great in name only, and some we've never heard of are now ruling the world.

Some folks call it 'progress', but I just call it 'confusing!' ;) :lol:
That is so true, Les. Everything is "badged" to a famous name. General Motors can make a Ford car badged as Lincoln in the Toyota plant, whatever :D

The names of appliances have become meaningless; Hotpoint, General Electric, Craftsman, it's all foreign junk badged with a famous name. :roll:

There are probably only half a handful of plants making all this stuff; just stop the line long enough to change the name..........
1 x

Tape
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Tape » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:56 pm

Les wrote:
The original Bushnell optics were, indeed, superb. The equipment that they first introduced in 1948 was as good as anything else that was readily available at the time. Beyond a certain level, the only increase is in price and not quality, and some of the higher end Bushnell products still qualify as being superb, imho.
Well guess what Les, I went and bought a Bushnell (again) I added everything up and the best scope, what appears to be one of their best even tho it's made in China (which I HATE) is the "Bushnell Trophy Xtreme X30 6-24x50 Scope with DOA LR800 Reticle" I love high magnification

I did something I haven't done in the past, I checked the "actual" warranty. So many companies have lifetime warranty and it looks good in writing but I never checked the "fine print", 98% of the "so-called" lifetime warranties requires you to have the original proof of purchase and send in $ to cover S&H. So many people find this out too late and they cannot find it after a few years of owning their scope. Even my beloved Nikon that I have held so dear requires it but Bushnell does not require it if you have bought a:
(Elite Tactical, Elite Long Range Hunter, Elite 6500, Elite 4500, Elite 3500, Legend Ultra HD, Trophy and Trophy Xtreme) even if you purchased one of the above at a flea market or found it under a load of garbage and then you dropped it off your roof, Bushnell will repair or replace it for free. If you purchased any of their other scopes you will need a proof of purchase and send 10$ when you send in your scope for warranty.
1 x

Rugerfanboy
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Rugerfanboy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:31 pm

Tape wrote:
Les wrote:
Well guess what Les, I went and bought a Bushnell (again) I added everything up and the best scope, what appears to be one of their best even tho it's made in China (which I HATE) is the "Bushnell Trophy Xtreme X30 6-24x50 Scope with DOA LR800 Reticle" I love high magnification

I did something I haven't done in the past, I checked the "actual" warranty. So many companies have lifetime warranty and it looks good in writing but I never checked the "fine print", 98% of the "so-called" lifetime warranties requires you to have the original proof of purchase and send in $ to cover S&H. So many people find this out too late and they cannot find it after a few years of owning their scope. Even my beloved Nikon that I have held so dear requires it but Bushnell does not require it if you have bought a:
(Elite Tactical, Elite Long Range Hunter, Elite 6500, Elite 4500, Elite 3500, Legend Ultra HD, Trophy and Trophy Xtreme) even if you purchased one of the above at a flea market or found it under a load of garbage and then you dropped it off your roof, Bushnell will repair or replace it for free. If you purchased any of their other scopes you will need a proof of purchase and send 10$ when you send in your scope for warranty.
Your gonna love that amount of magnification. Don't know if you know it or not but that scope has a ton of windage and elevation (50) built into it if and when you'll need it. Let us know how you like it when you get it and field test your setup. I'm gonna go over to MidwayUSA and add that scope to my wish list since it still is on sale and has free shipping. $274.99 & SHIPS FREE - List Price: $389.95 - Save $114.96 (29%)

Bushnell Trophy Xtreme Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 6-24x 50mm DOA LR800 Reticle Matte
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/104005 ... icle-matte

Trophy Xtreme 6-24x 50mm
http://bushnell.com/all-products/rifle- ... 6-24x-50mm
1 x
[color=#FF0000]Squatch[/color] wrote:I ended up loading 47 of those 300gr torpedoes. I have room in my ammo box for mouse farts and cruise missiles. Each have a job. I like them all! :D

Tape
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Tape » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:58 pm

Rugerfanboy wrote:
Tape wrote:
Les wrote:

Your gonna love that amount of magnification. Don't know if you know it or not but that scope has a ton of windage and elevation (50) built into it if and when you'll need it. Let us know how you like it when you get it and field test your setup. I'm gonna go over to MidwayUSA and add that scope to my wish list since it still is on sale and has free shipping. $274.99 & SHIPS FREE - List Price: $389.95 - Save $114.96 (29%)

Bushnell Trophy Xtreme Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 6-24x 50mm DOA LR800 Reticle Matte
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/104005 ... icle-matte

Trophy Xtreme 6-24x 50mm
http://bushnell.com/all-products/rifle- ... 6-24x-50mm

I don't know when you plan on buying it but I bought it through Amazon, the seller is The Roost Sports here for $264.75 FREE Shipping & NO tax, you can buy it through Amazon.com store for $259.49 but they add tax and that runs $285.44, just an infoyou
1 x

Tape
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Tape » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:12 pm

This is one of my Nikon’s here I have had it for almost 5 yrs and It has performed excellently, this is the scope that stuck me to Nikon but if this Bushnell pans out I will gladly swap my scope manufacturer being it costs almost 1/2 Nikon's price and a better warranty.
1 x

Rugerfanboy
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Rugerfanboy » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:17 pm

Tape wrote: I don't know when you plan on buying it but I bought it through Amazon, the seller is The Roost Sports here for $264.75 FREE Shipping & NO tax, you can buy it through Amazon.com store for $259.49 but they add tax and that runs $285.44, just an infoyou
Was gonna order it on Monday (12-12) but when I got home from work....it was out of stock. Check the statues today when I got home and it was back in stock at MidwayUSA for $274.99....so I ordered it. Since I ordered it, I ordered a new Ranger Point Rhino scope mount rail from Ranger Point Precision. The Henry rail is too high and it's a weaver style. The Ranger Point Rhino scope mount rail is a picatinny and is secured/screwed down with Torx drive screws. With the Ranger Point Rhino Scope Mount Rail, I can use weaver or picatinny scope rings.

Ranger Point Rhino Scope Mount Rail
http://rangerpointstore.com/lever-actio ... unt-rails/
1 x
[color=#FF0000]Squatch[/color] wrote:I ended up loading 47 of those 300gr torpedoes. I have room in my ammo box for mouse farts and cruise missiles. Each have a job. I like them all! :D

Rugerfanboy
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Rugerfanboy » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:26 pm

Tape wrote:This is one of my Nikon’s here I have had it for almost 5 yrs and It has performed excellently, this is the scope that stuck me to Nikon but if this Bushnell pans out I will gladly swap my scope manufacturer being it costs almost 1/2 Nikon's price and a better warranty.
Nikon is a company that I consider the price tag being a 50/50 price margin. Meaning 50% of the cost pays for the scope and the other 50%....is for the mark up for the name/company....Nightforce is another that comes to mind. Don't get me wrong....they make fine products thou.
0 x