Post by Tape » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:51 pm

So it's just none of the rimfire scopes that are not waterproof
0 x

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Re: Bushnell rimfire scopes

Post by Les » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:20 am

Bushnell used to make some superb scopes, and they still do, but the biggest problem is that there are so many fake Bushnell's around that it is hard to know whether you are buying a good one or a cheap copy. Buying from a trusted LGS usually solves that problem. Buying from online auction sites is when the problems usually start.
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:30 am

Les wrote:Bushnell used to make some superb scopes, and they still do, but the biggest problem is that there are so many fake Bushnell's around that it is hard to know whether you are buying a good one or a cheap copy. Buying from a trusted LGS usually solves that problem. Buying from online auction sites is when the problems usually start.
Even more so with Leupold. They receive hundreds of scopes each year for warranty repair and have to send them back broken because they don't fix knock offs. On their website they list authorized dealers and that is where you should buy them. You can find several listings on ebay from China but they are made in Oregon.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Tape
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Tape » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:52 am

Les wrote:Bushnell used to make some superb scopes, and they still do, but the biggest problem is that there are so many fake Bushnell's around that it is hard to know whether you are buying a good one or a cheap copy. Buying from a trusted LGS usually solves that problem. Buying from online auction sites is when the problems usually start.

I cannot see why anyone including the Chinese would fake a Bushnell scope, why fake an already Chinese scope when China is one of the main leaders in producing counterfeit "everything" The only scope that I have "heard" of that is even good is the Elite series. When I think quality scopes Bushnell doesn't even enter my mind especially "superb"
0 x

Tape
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Tape » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:01 pm

I cannot believe https://www.bhphotovideo.com sent me a scratched up used scope, It had brass splashing's on the bottom of the scope and the zoom ring has scratches on it. I am so pissed. This is the second scope I returned in the last two week and definitely the last order I ever place with them. I am done with B&H photo & electronics. I'm sticking with Amazon and Walmart, I never had used items sent to me from them.
0 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:16 pm

I have a Bushnell (not Bushnell Banner) from the 80's that is still going strong (6X40).

I recently put a Bushnell (not Bushnell Banner) on a WMR bolt job that I am very pleased with (3X9X40).

In June 2008, Bushnell acquired the assets of Simmons, so if you like Simmons, you like Bushnell.

In my life I only had one scope fail, and that was my first; a Kmart scope that fogged after about 10 years in the swamp.

I have not even been able to destroy the "free" scope that came on my springer. That's pretty bad after >2K shots.

Yet I read on all the reviews (various internet sites) where all these scopes ( you name it) are constantly failing.

I guess I just don't have what it takes :)
0 x

Tape
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Tape » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:15 am

you're very fortunate H88 but I'm sticking with Nikon, none of my Nikon's have ever failed and the clarity is excellent.
0 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:40 am

It's all good, Tape.

I can't recall hearing anything negative about Nikon scopes, just comments about other scopes being "more positive", if that makes sense.

I am right now looking for a scope, but Nikon doesn't have anything with an adjustable objective that is even close to my price.

I have no brand loyalty, really. It's just what fits my needs and has 4/5 or more stars across multiple websites.

Good luck, but with a Nikon you probably won't need it :D
0 x