Low-Power Rifle Scopes

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Low-Power Rifle Scopes

Post by daytime dave » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:41 pm

John M wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:33 pm
Photo taken on the hill above the western shore and just south of the settlement on Lake Okareka which is one of the Rotorua lakes.
Beautiful lake and wonderful photograph.
2 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by bandit1250 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:22 pm

Henryfan, How many Leupold fixed 4 X gloss finish scopes do you need? I have probably eight M-8 4X gloss scopes right now and 5 are still on the shelf with each one in a sock to protect them waiting to go on a rifle. I buy every M-8 gloss finish Leupold I can find in really nice condition. They are usually a bargain because few people want a fixed power gloss finished scope. I have a preference for the strait 6X gloss but there are less of them for sale. The fixed 7.5 AO and the fixed 8X AO are the ones I look for at every gun shop and shows. I have found some but turn them down if they have ring marks or scratched lenses. For my varmint rifles/target shooters I have four M-8 gloss finished 12X on them. Guess I am old school and stick with the scopes that have never given me a problem in the years I have been addicted to using straight powered Leupolds. The variable scopes to me are just what they are called. "Variable"
2 x

HenryFan
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by HenryFan » Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:36 am

Bandit -

I appreciate the consideration but at the moment, I don't need one. I thought I had an opportunity to buy a Ruger 77/44 carbine but that fell thru'. Not too much later, I stumbled onto a like-new-in-the-box Ruger 77/22 full stock in .22WRM at a local gun show and fortunately, I had a Leupold FXI 4X28 rimfire scope in the safe to put on it. I have always been a fan of full-stock rifles and I left the gun show with the rifle but without my scalp.

My quest for a Ruger 77/44 is on hold at this time until my financial situation improves. It may be a slow recovery.
1 x