Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Fiber Optic Front Sight

Shawlerbrook
Wrangler
United States of America

Re: Fiber Optic Front Sight

Post by Shawlerbrook » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:58 am

I love the visibility, especially on a turkey gun. My only complaint is that most of them are fragile or at least not as bulletproof as a gold or ivory bead.
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:31 pm

My only complaint is that most of them are fragile or at least not as bulletproof as a gold or ivory bead.
Hmm... this could be a problem...
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:42 pm

[updated]
As shared earlier, my defender has one. The defender recoil is painful. The sight has not broken, cracked nor come loose. If the sight is made of polycarbonate (or better) it should [not] break or crack.
Shawlerbrook wrote:I love the visibility, especially on a turkey gun. My only complaint is that most of them are fragile or at least not as bulletproof as a gold or ivory bead.
Last edited by Mags on Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:25 pm

Well I may start out with a fiber optic front and try it out on a couple of my lever guns.
A 1911 I am currently looking at (and will most likely buy) has a fiber optic front and hopefully it works well. I really like the brightness of them outside but have only looked at them and never shot with one so I am hoping it works for me.
The William's fiber optic fronts are pretty cheap so it's not a lot invested if I don't like it - but really hoping I do.
0 x

Shawlerbrook
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Shawlerbrook » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:31 pm

Not as concerned with recoil as much as bushwhacking through thickets. Look for the ones that have three bands( one in the middle) holding them onto the base. I have them on my bow and generally have to replace some every few years.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:28 pm

Mistered wrote:Anyone use a fiber optic front sight?
we have an orange reflective front sight on our Ruger Redhawk and a green one on the Remington 11-87

Mistered wrote:What rear are you using it with?
the rear sight on our Redhawk has a reflective, white outline around the notch .... the rear sight on the 11-87 is a brass bead on the ventilated rib

Mistered wrote:If so ya like it? Hate it?
the sights on our Redhawk are fine but I prefer the Aimpoint red dot .... the green sight on the shotgun has proven to be an exceptionally effective upgrade .... I wouldn't want to go without it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:06 pm

Mistered wrote:
My only complaint is that most of them are fragile or at least not as bulletproof as a gold or ivory bead.
Hmm... this could be a problem...
I drag my turkey gun through a LOT of thick brush in pretty mountainous terrain. 4 years of spring and fall hunting seasons with no issues so far.
0 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF