Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Lyman Globe/Shaver Inserts - Any Secret?

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Lyman Globe/Shaver Inserts - Any Secret?

Post by North Country Gal » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:11 am

My basement range is air guns, only. I could shoot rimfire, since I use rimfire rated steel bullet traps, but I restrict it to shooting air guns. I do have a standard air gun 10 meter distance to shoot, though. Air gun shooting in the house is still practical at half that distance, though, with the appropriate gun and trap.
0 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:24 am

Oh. Okay. Thanks. Thought about air guns. But, was not sure.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:53 am

North Country Gal wrote:A couple of things might help. One, is to stick with one insert type for awhile and not be in a hurry to change it. From experience, too much fiddling around with different inserts is a distraction for your shooting and distractions are never a good thing.

there is an old saying among engineers that says they usually make poor production managers because, by their very nature, they simply can't stop trying to tweak the product and transition to taking care of the details necessary to get it into production ..... while I'm most certainly not an engineer by trade, I freely admit that I'm prone to over think issues .... I'm pretty sure I must somehow be related to Rube Goldberg .... in thinking back to a title of a recent thread you started, "I Just Need to STOP Messing With It..." I tend to believe there is a good possibility we tend to share that tendency .... I couldn't agree more with NCG .... the sooner you pick a sight combo and settle down to a good bit of dedicated practice the better .... at such times I find it pays me to revisit my objective, then focus on reaching it .... its one thing for that objective to be a driving desire to make a clean kill at the range I anticipate shooting .... its another if that objective is to put all of my bullets in a single hole at whatever range
1 x