Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Williams WGRS Results

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Williams WGRS Results

Post by Mistered » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:36 pm

Well I got out today (40 degrees, wind, rain cloudy - typical early spring weather in Central Oregon) and my results were better than expected. At 50 yards kneeling the First shot was in the red at 3:00 one inch (arrow). These were with 16 grains of 296 and 158 gr. Speer JFP bullets. A slight adjustment to raise POI brought it up a little but I started jerking around and this opened the group up a bit. The piece of paper on the right with the shots circled was three quick shots with the same load but 158 Gr. Hornady XTP HP bullets. Wind and rain picked up so I called it quits for today but I think the WGRS is doing its job (as usual for a William's) The front is a tall blade off a Winchester and I typically prefer a gold bead with a peep but I may take my dental drill and 'divot' the top of the blade to allow for a drop of blaze orange paint.
IMG_0955[1].JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Mistered on Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Re: Williams WGRS Results

Post by Cofisher » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:56 pm

Good shooting! Thanks for the info
0 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:03 pm

That's great shooting. Kneeling is not an easy shooting position. Very impressive 50 yard work with irons.
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:28 pm

Very impressive 50 yard work with irons.
Oh heck! this was just the test run - it WILL get better! Depending on the weather tomorrow I may go out again and bounce some cans or pine cones! Yea bench resting is tough for me as I am a tall, long armed lanky type so I have always found kneeling the be the best position for me.
0 x