Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

adding skinners to a H001V Varmint express

dmengel
Tenderfoot

adding skinners to a H001V Varmint express

Post by dmengel » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:02 pm

Hello,
I am new to Henry rifles & just picked up a varmint express. My plan was to add a scope to it but after handling it & doing so reading I am leaning towards keeping the sights on it. I am getting up in age & as a lot of you guys know old eyes cant see very good with normal sights. Has anyone added the Skinner sights to one of the varmints with the higher stock? Any photos or advise on what to use would be helpful.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: adding skinners to a H001V Varmint express

Post by Sir Henry » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:09 pm

Welcome to the forum. I have an H001V and while I haven't added Skinner sights to it I have added them to others. With the Monte Carlo stock you shouldn't have any problem getting a good cheek weld.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

dmengel
Tenderfoot

Post by dmengel » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:28 pm

Do you think I can get by with the original front sight or should I just replace them both?
0 x

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:44 pm

dmengel wrote:Do you think I can get by with the original front sight or should I just replace them both?
You are in luck Andy Skinner happens to be a member here. I am sure he can give you his professional assistance. Here is a link to his web page for Henry rifle sights. There is a new lower height receiver mounted peep sight that may work with the stock front sight.
Scroll down the page till you see the Skinner Rimfire Groove sight, then one more past that and you will see it.
http://www.skinnersights.com/henry_rifles_18.html
You can email him at andy@skinnersights.com and there is a link to that at the top of the page.
Or you can find him here and shoot him a message.
And welcome to the forum, it is a great group of good folks.
0 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)