Nikon quit making scopes ?

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Nikon quit making scopes ?

Post by Hatchdog » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:28 am

North Country Gal wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:26 am
I'm one of those whose go to brand was Nikon. My other brand has always been Leupold, but I've always maintained I got more for my optics dollar with Nikon. In the past, I used a lot of TC pistol scopes and those are gone, too.

Also, note that Weaver is no longer in the scope business, though they still make mounts and you may still find some left over stock for sale on some websites. If you do, know that you'll have no option with Weaver if you need a repair. Weaver is owned by the same parent company that owns Bushnell, Tasco and Simmons. If you call Weaver, you'll get directed to Bushnell CS.
That’s too bad Weaver going out of business. I put their Classic 4X on my Marlin 39-A and it’s the perfect size for that rifle and has a nice clean look. Lately I’ve been buying the Leupold Freedom line of scoped and I am very impressed with how clear the lens are. I have a few Nikons currently and have had a few more in the past and they all have been excellent. Too bad to see them go.
1 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:47 am

I agree on the Leupold Freedom line. We have several of the rimfire versions. The Freedom line is helping us to recover from the loss of the Nikons.
1 x

PJM
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by PJM » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:28 pm

Never had a Nikon. Have 3 Leopold's, an old Redfield Tracker on a 7600 30-06 that's at least 30 years old, and a bushnell variable on a 223 ruger ranch. Years ago I put a Tasco on a .308 model 100. Blew the crosshairs up on 2 scopes after only a total of 5 shots! The mod 100 was a jammer also. Factory had it twice and I gave up on it and went with a rem pump. Never an issue with the rem pump.
1 x

Team Roper
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Team Roper » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:20 am

North Country Gal wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:47 am
I agree on the Leupold Freedom line. We have several of the rimfire versions. The Freedom line is helping us to recover from the loss of the Nikons.
I wanted one of those Freedoms but my friendly Fins, Feather, Furs store , can't keep them in stock long enough. They are gone as soon as they hit the shelf. The word must be out.
1 x
Army Paratrooper
173 rd Airborne Brigade, 2nd/503 rd. Airborne Infantry, Vietnam 66-67, point man, tunnel rat
combat jump 2/67
82 nd Airborne Div. 1st/505th Airborne Infantry, Vietnam, 68, Sniper
jumped with the Army Parachute Team, The Golden Knights.

Cleveraction
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Cleveraction » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:31 pm

Hi all! Ordering a scope for my first Henry and wanted to share that Cabelas does have some Monarch 5's on sale for 399 (100 off). But, in the reviews it is mentioned that if you have to send it to Nikon they are not fixing them/replacing them but give you a Nikon credit good for other merch. instead. Not super helpful if you want a scope. I did look at the VXi-3 too and was leaning that way; however I have had really good luck with my Vanguard binos and found that they also have some pretty good sales going on and decided to try them. For a wee bit less ($60) then the Leupold I get 4 extra mills of objective, a bit more magnification, illuminated reticle (new to me, but heck I am getting old), and rings thrown in. I will check it out and report back. Glad to be here and looking forward to my new 30-30 getting here soon!
0 x
Conservation is a state of harmony between men and land.
~Aldo Leopold

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:26 pm

Thanks for the heads up. May check out the Cabela's sale.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:25 pm

Natchez also has limited Nikon scopes left.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater