Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Henry GB 22mag octagon barrel

Jaso
Tenderfoot
Puerto Rico

Henry GB 22mag octagon barrel

Post by Jaso » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:41 pm

Hi. I am new to Henry rifles but am very happy with mine. Just wander if it would be ok to have the brasslite receiver, drilled and taped, for a scope or peep sight. My gun is in mint condition, and l will hate to have scrathed up, because of poor job done. I would not mind to send my receiver to the US to get the job done since I live in PR. My concern is that I want to know if its posible to instal a skinner express base on a brasslite receiver of 22mag. I like the skinner express better since it gives me space for a scope in the future. I ordered a barrel mount skinner peep already, just to start learning of using a peep sigth. If some one could give an advise on this, I will be very, very happy. Thanks.
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: Henry GB 22mag octagon barrel

Post by CT_Shooter » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:48 pm

Welcome to the forum from CT and congratulations on your new Henry. Skinner Sights is a sponsor of this forum and, yes, it can be drilled and tapped. See the link at the top of the page for access to Skinner's website.
Skinner Sights" wrote: If you want to add a receiver sight to your

#H004 GOLDEN BOY, consider our Skinner Sights
GOLDEN BOY "EXPRESS"

(The GOLDEN BOY is a RIMFIRE CALIBER.
This sight requires our "Drill and Tap" service as described below.

Fully adjustable for windage and elevation.

Ships with a .096" aperture, wrenches and mounting screws.

We think the contrast it brings to the rifle looks AMAZING.

Available in:

ALL BLUE ~ $90 ALL BRASS ~ $95 and BLACK GOLD ~$110

THIS IS FOR THE RIMFIRE CARTRIDGE GOLDEN BOY.
Jaso wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:41 pm
Hi. I am new to Henry rifles but am very happy with mine. Just wander if it would be ok to have the brasslite receiver, drilled and taped, for a scope or peep sight. My gun is in mint condition, and l will hate to have scrathed up, because of poor job done. I would not mind to send my receiver to the US to get the job done since I live in PR. My concern is that I want to know if its posible to instal a skinner express base on a brasslite receiver of 22mag. I like the skinner express better since it gives me space for a scope in the future. I ordered a barrel mount skinner peep already, just to start learning of using a peep sigth. If some one could give an advise on this, I will be very, very happy. Thanks.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:52 pm

welcome to our forum, delighted to have you join us .... we have bunches of members who use Skinner sights and I'm sure they will be able to offer some assistance .... do hope you will feel free to read and post often .... please take a look at our How Many ? thread (link below) and add your Henry to our community's total

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 86#p111486
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:42 pm

Welcome to the forum glad you joined us. 22 mag is a great caliber. I have one in a Small Game Carbine and like it alot though I dont shoot it to much.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Jaso
Tenderfoot
Puerto Rico

Post by Jaso » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:36 pm

Thanks guys for all the advises!
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:13 pm

Nothing to add. Just welcome to the forum from the TV Oregon!
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Cowpokey
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Cowpokey » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:47 pm

CT_Shooter wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:48 pm
Welcome to the forum from CT and congratulations on your new Henry. Skinner Sights is a sponsor of this forum and, yes, it can be drilled and tapped. See the link at the top of the page for access to Skinner's website.
CT_Shooter posted a good option for you, although that Golden Boy Express may also require a taller front sight.

There are two other options you could consider, they are both "barrel mount", one uses the factory drilled and tapped holes on the octagon barrel hidden under the factory dovetail buckhorn sight you have now. The other option is to get a dovetail mount rear peep sight. I put the stainless dovetail mount peep sight in my Evil Roy (picture attached for reference). Knowing what I know now, I would have gotten the barrel mount that uses the factory drilled and tapped holes on the barrel...it gives a slightly longer sight radius. Still not as good as the factory Small Game Carbine I have, when it comes to longer sight radius, but still much better for my crazy eyes than the buckhorn sights.

I also put one of the dovetail mount rear peep sights on my daughter's Golden Boy, her's is an older model and didn't come with a drilled and tapped barrel.

Both of ours with barrel mount peeps worked perfectly to get sighted in and zeroed at 25 yards with the factory front sights.

http://www.skinnersights.com/henry_rifles_18.html

Welcome to the forum from Maryland.

Evil_Roy_Skinner.jpg
Evil_Roy_Skinner.jpg (256.75 KiB) Viewed 4356 times
GB-Peep.jpg
GB-Peep.jpg (170.23 KiB) Viewed 4356 times
0 x
MSgt USAF - Retired, 1990-2014
VFW (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)

Jaso
Tenderfoot
Puerto Rico

Post by Jaso » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:46 pm

Woao! There sure looks awsome!
0 x

Jaso
Tenderfoot
Puerto Rico

Post by Jaso » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:05 pm

By the way! Has anyone tried to put an adjustable iris aperture on a skinner mount? Does it fit rigth off? Does it help in any way?
0 x

The Wiz
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by The Wiz » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:35 pm

Welcome!
0 x
Vietnam, Cambodia, DMZ
101st Airborne, Recon. ( Where in the heck are we?)
25th Inf. Div.2/22 Inf. Reg.(mech.)
Sgt., U.S. Army, Sniper

S&W Model 67
Uberti 1851 Navy Conv.
Uberti 1873 Bisley
Henry .357 Carbine CCH
Henry SGR .22
Taurus 856