Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: The Experimentation Continues....

Post by Mags » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:06 am

Gear interfaces in the lever assembly.
BLR Crosssection.jpg
BLR Crosssection.jpg (62.53 KiB) Viewed 3872 times
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:14 am

This will help me on my first disassembly if I get the BLR.
I have no fear or apprehension of disassembling one. Looks pretty basic actually - and if the gear teeth are marked before disassembly this will facilitate reassembly.
Last edited by Mistered on Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:29 am

The Henry LR disassembly and assembly videos might prove useful too.
https://www.henryusa.com/own-a-henry/he ... ng-ranger/

This excerpt from the BLR service manual from when I was researching the Long Ranger.
Note the 'trial and error' portion of setting/adjusting the timing.
timing 1of2.JPG
timing 1of2.JPG (33.93 KiB) Viewed 3868 times

timing 2of2.JPG
timing 2of2.JPG (83.5 KiB) Viewed 3868 times
Mistered wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:14 am
This will help me on my first disassembly if I get the BLR.
I have no fear or apprehension of disassembling one. Looks pretty basic actually.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:08 am

Mistered wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:51 am
I'm thinking one would have to for mainentenance or repairs. I'll probably be finding out if I get the BLR I am going to look at.

agree .... while I'm sure there are I only know one person who can remove a BLR's innards and reassemble them correctly ....
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:32 am

Oh I can't imagine it being any more difficult than some of the guns I have disassembled and reassembled - including the 1899 Winchester I
Did - I hate to admit I had to remove a couple parts twice due to not realizing the bolt and lock had to be installed prior to the other items but that's just lack of experience - and basing it on newer Winchesters which are much easier to disassemble/reassemble than older ones.
Actually the most difficult rifle I have ever disassembled and reassembled was a Kel-Tex gen 1 Sub 2000. Literally the most bizzare design I have ever seen.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:11 pm

I hope you do proceed forward with getting it. Very interested in your tear down and reassembly story.
Something I read somewhere indicated it's not possible to mark the gear teeth because the lever assembly and bolt carrier are sandwiched between the 2 sides of the receiver. Be interested in seeing if that is really the situation.
Mistered wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:14 am
... if I get the BLR.
I have no fear or apprehension of disassembling one. Looks pretty basic actually - and if the gear teeth are marked before disassembly this will facilitate reassembly.
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:03 pm

Something I read somewhere indicated it's not possible to mark the gear teeth because the lever assembly and bolt carrier are sandwiched between the 2 sides of the receiver. Be interested in seeing if that is really the situation.
Not Possible? There ain't anything not possible - it will no doubt be challenging and require careful, meticulous work but certianly possible - however I am going to study this further before diving in.
Last edited by Mistered on Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:23 pm

The BLR receiver sides don't separate. The lever assembly comes out of the bottom of the receiver and the bolt carrier slides out the back of the receiver. I'd really like to see how you are able to mark the lever gear/bolt carrier relationship while they're still installed in the receiver.

Can't do it myself cause I don't have a BLR. If you get one, you're our proxy for doing it so we can see it done.
Mistered wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:03 pm
Not Possible? There ain't anything not possible - Geese - are you guys a bunch of old ladies or something not able to do anything for yourselves ?
0 x