Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Scope!

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Scope!

Post by Rifletom » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:21 pm

Well, I just did it. Found a Weaver Classic V 1-3x20mm. Should be here Thur or Fri. Ordered a Henry BB ring and base set[integeral] from Henry. Could not pass the deal up. Now, I can actually see what I'm aiming at. Kept mulling over what to do, but, the Weaver came up and Viola! Easy decision. Reports later on. Cut the lawn, now, time for a beer. Or two.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Scope!

Post by JEBar » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:48 pm

Rifletom wrote:Now, I can actually see what I'm aiming at. Kept mulling over what to do, but, the Weaver came up and Viola! Easy decision. Reports later on.
being able to see what you are aiming at is a good thing .. 8-) .. hope the Weaver/Henry combo will serve you well .... looking forward to your coming range reports and comments
0 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:42 pm

Sounds great! Please post pics when you get it all together.
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:55 pm

Yep. Will do. This is gonna help my eyes a bunch.
0 x

Blackdog
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Blackdog » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:45 am

I'm a big fan of those scopes - they look right on a lever gun.
I got a Chinese knock-off of a Leo 1.5-5x20 for $25 and it lets me "see" what I'm aiming at. Might not be best for heavy kicking rifles, but for my .22 it is nice. (I bought it knowing full well it was a knock-off - the price was a hint.)
Michael
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:02 am

I think that's a great decision. I use a lot of low power variable scopes with a straight tube, no bell in front, on a lot of our rifles, especially our Contender carbines. I prefer these scopes to a red dot, in fact. I get a more precise aiming point and a bit of magnification for better target visibility. That, and they don't weigh enough to seriously change the balance of the rifle. Still love shooting iron sights, but my eyes are now at a point where I'll almost always grab a rifle with one of these scopes over any other kind of sight when heading to the range. I'm all for tradition with lever guns, but I think more shooters should explore this option on their lever guns.
1 x