Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

removing Buckhorn-thank you members!

ThePreacher
Tenderfoot
United States of America

removing Buckhorn-thank you members!

Post by ThePreacher » Mon May 14, 2018 6:36 am

I put a Skinner express on my 357 BBS carbine and sure enough, the Buckhorn was simply in the way and distracting
Following some tips on this forum, I got myself a brass punch, a brass hammer, and a playing card to lay under the Buckhorn and tapped it out. Not only do I get a clear sight picture the rifle looks "cleaner"
I am NO gunsmith and thanks to tips here got it done-thank you to forum members-
Oh, by the way-I don't actually think I need a dovetail blank-to me it looks fine-my carbine is for shootin' not for "lookin at"!
4 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: removing Buckhorn-thank you members!

Post by PT7 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:37 am

You definitely "played your cards right" in protecting your barrel when drifting out the buckhorn....good job! :)

I'll be interested to hear how your sight-in turns out with the Skinner Express. Are you on-target with the Skinner and the front Henry sight? Or will you have to replace/adjust the height of the front sight? Those are "happenings" I've read about whenever adding a receiver-mounted iron sight to these rifles. Thanks for anything you provide resulting from this mod you've done with your BBS sights.
PT7
0 x

~Пока~

ThePreacher
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by ThePreacher » Mon May 14, 2018 4:17 pm

thank you i will
0 x

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:43 am

Any updates on this? My BBS is due here soon-ish and I’m still torn between a receiver mounted Express and the barrel mounted Skinner.
0 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF