Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Bud's Gun Shop

Share the good stuff with all of us. Leave the bad out. Let others know what good things you found.
GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Bud's Gun Shop

Post by GFK » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:45 pm

First time using Bud's Gun Shop. So far, happy. Had a model of a firearm that I was looking for, would have liked a choice in finish though. Yet, the model was the most important thing to me. The price was cheaper than what I could find: online or ordered by a LGS. Plus, free shipping was a big attention getter. Found it interesting that it offered a 3% cash discount. It also offered lifetime warranty on a firearm (at a cost). I guess any good gunsmith can service a firearm. So, it seemed like that it was not a bad idea. If all goes well, I hope to get out and shoot it, before the month is out.
3 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Re: Bud's Gun Shop

Post by Shakey Jake » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:57 pm

I've purchased three guns from Buds. Never a problem.
Jake
1 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:48 pm

I bought two revolvers from Bud's and wouldn't hesitate to buy another.
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:51 pm

We go right by it on our way to and from the daughter's in SC.
We almost stopped the last time coming home decided against it.
May this summer.

RP
1 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:25 pm

Thanks! I hope to have as great of an experience! This makes the second time that I purchase a firearm online. The first time was from Grab A Gun. In both cases, it was because I could not find what I was looking for in a LGS. I looked at Grab A Gun again. It had the finished that I wanted. But, it was about $30 more, and it had shipped. The over cost may would have been about $40-$45 more. That is not much. Yet, that can buy a few more beers. ;)
1 x

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:41 pm

I bought from Bud's one time and everything went fine. Seemed like a pretty good place. Not to be a downer, lol, but my problem with them was in one of the recent Ammo shortages a few years ago. The first one I experience was Cheaper Than Dirt. They really priced gouged and everyone put the word out to boycott them. Figured that no one would ever do that again. But dang if Bud's didn't do it in the 2nd one. The other problem I have is that I'm on their E-mail list. I get 2 or 3 E-mails every day from them. But something I've never seen before, it won't let me unsubscribe. Every once in a while I'll try again, but it just will not let me unsubscribe. Wondering if anyone else out there have this problem?

On a positive note, glad to see that they have good deals. Now if I can only get over this boycott thing, lol.
2 x
NRA Member

The Happy Kaboomer
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by The Happy Kaboomer » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:54 pm

I have bought from Bud's with satisfaction..........Look on you tube for hickok 45.............He's a paid whore for Bud's guns
2 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:50 pm

I decided to give Bud's try, because a LGS that I ask to order a firearm went to the site to check availability. Interesting, the firearm was available at price that I liked, with no shipping. About time I made it back to the office, 10-15, it was out of stock. Coincidence? Maybe. But, I am thinking no. Nonetheless, there was the same model available, with a different finish. I slept on it and decided to pull the trigger. If it was not for the shop looking at that site, I probably would have went with Grab A Gun.

Yet, I probably have a few different online accounts, due to price variations. If I find one that offer decent prices and availablity, I use it, until another comes along that is better. Some days are better than others. However, I seen to be able to keep a fair amount of ammo on hand at a decent price.
2 x

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:04 pm

I haven't bought Ammo online for many, many years, but I did just buy some last month. After about 50 check-ins at Wal-Mart and about a half-dozen at Sportsman's Warehouse, I got 410 Ammo one time. The last 2 boxes. Never see the other Ammo I like, HSM 45LC in 200 Cowboy. So, I found a real good deal at Molly's Deli online in MD believe it or not. Good prices, great service, quick delivery. I bought a small case. I found the HSM at Beebe's Family Ammo in UT. Although it took almost forever to receive it, same thing, good prices and good service. Surprised I could still accomplish that in this day and age. Both hard to find, both good prices, both had reasonable shipping. I used the help of Ammo-Seek by the way.
1 x
NRA Member

ditchparrot
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ditchparrot » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:08 am

I've purchased two guns from Bud's and was wholly satisfied on both occasions.
1 x
Henry Big Boy Rifle .357
Henry Classic .22
Henry Lever-Action .410
Henry Big Boy Revolver .357