The Coolest thing made in Wisconsin - the All Weather Big Boy - Congratulations Henry !

Pawn Shops

Share the good stuff with all of us. Leave the bad out. Let others know what good things you found.
Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Re: Pawn Shops

Post by Mistered » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:53 am

A year later the sheriff came and took it into evidence for a theft case.
This was obviously a isolated situation.
By saying 'came and took it' I assume you mean came to your house? If so then the pawn shop did something right as there was a paper trail of the sale to you. Either someone made some kind of mistake or the gun was never flagged or reported as stolen.

I think everyone is overlooking thd fact when it comes to guns a pawn shop has to have an FFL and follow the same rules ANY gun dealer.
Two of these rules are the buyer/seller must have a Valid ID and the dealer needs to perform a prescribed background check of the gun to ensure it is not stolen.

My point being is a pawn shop has no more or less the ability for a mistake to be made than any gun dealer. The fact that it is a 'pawn shop'
Does not change anything and they must follow all federal gun laws as a licensed dealer.
1 x

Vaquero
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:19 am

I've never had a problem with any of them around here.
One of the local ones belongs to a couple that I've known most of my life. If I buy one on line it is where I have them shipped.
I have even run into her on the street and she told me she just had nice Rem. 1100 20ga come up.
Asked what she wanted for it? She told me what I could have it for.
I said sold, I'll be by in a day or two.
Sure enough nice one and sitting in their safe waiting on me. :lol:

RP
0 x
Made In America, Or Not Made At All
H001, H006, H012

Shakey Jake
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:53 pm

When I was just starting my business I would frequent pawn shops weekly looking for instruments that I could fix or restore to make some extra $. Don't have to do that anymore as my clientele has built up to the point that I'm busy enough.
1 x