What's happening on or with the forum
daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Strange happenings

Post by daytime dave » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:48 am

Everything is fine in the "backroom".
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:39 pm

Ya sometimes as previously shared the 'submit' button does a 'jump to top' of page instead of submit. I've gotten so that I watch for that behavior and when I see it I just scroll down and click submit a second time and then it works as it is supposed to.
Rifletom wrote:I've "lost" 2, maybe 3 posts here in the last two days. Don't know what happened, but, it ain't me. Frustrating, but, will work thru it.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:10 pm

All things considering, things are pretty good. There may be a few glitches here and there. I able to read and post things. I guess if we put a few dollars together, Dave might hire a webmaster. But, that does not mean things will be flawless though. From what I have put into it, all seems good. Sometimes, electrons don't do what you may expect for them to do. But, things keep going.
1 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:29 pm

yup, plenty good for what we do. still fun to share the oddities that pop up.
GFK wrote:All things considering, things are pretty good. There may be a few glitches here and there. I able to read and post things. I guess if we put a few dollars together, Dave might hire a webmaster. But, that does not mean things will be flawless though. From what I have put into it, all seems good. Sometimes, electrons don't do what you may expect for them to do. But, things keep going.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:35 pm

Another one today.... fyi.
another HRF error.JPG
another HRF error.JPG (31.02 KiB) Viewed 3532 times
1 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:37 pm

Seen those lately too!!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:18 am

Mags wrote:Another one today.... fyi.
markiver54 wrote: Seen those lately too!!
It's a bit unsettling to get error messages, for sure. But there is an explanation for this one.

The web pages that we view on this forum are each built on-the-fly by a server-side script (PHP) that pulls the data (pictures, text, links, etc.) from a database (MySQL) to assemble and create the web page. Occasionally, server traffic can/does timeout when the PHP script attempts (and fails) to access the info stored in the database, resulting in that default error message.
2 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:09 am

Thanks for the explanation CT.
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:10 pm

CT_Shooter wrote:
It's a bit unsettling to get error messages, for sure. But there is an explanation for this one.

The web pages that we view on this forum are each built on-the-fly by a server-side script (PHP) that pulls the data (pictures, text, links, etc.) from a database (MySQL) to assemble and create the web page. Occasionally, server traffic can/does timeout when the PHP script attempts (and fails) to access the info stored in the database, resulting in that default error message.

What he said. :D :lol: :P :mrgreen:
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:20 am

CT_Shooter wrote:

I like how you explained this CT_Shooter. It provides a great representative of the process. Sometimes, we can miss the forest due to the trees. At times, I may look to close at things and miss the big picture. Thanks for keeping things in perspective.
2 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).